+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fizzy Pop v Crusaders

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Just shows how awful the press are up here, surely anyone doing the slightest bit of research would see we played a completely different Xi to the last two league games and the headline would reflect the reality

"shadow United side beaten by Crusaders"
    etc
    my point exactly - funster journalism

Have to agree with Shedboy71 here. Really don't agree with this lost momentum idea Ram. The first 11 has had a 2 week break and will be ready to go come Sunday.
    Plus Shabba has had a chance to see what the second 11 can do, chance to evaluate fringe and youth players in a competitive game.
    Surprised at press coverage of this match though, even the BBC main football page went with Laszlo loses first game, wtf, he played the reserves, so what.

what momentum did we get last season and we won the tournament? We were rotten in the league and rotten in the Diddy cup, If anything it breaks momentum, the last thing you want if you are on a good run in the league is to then have a league fixture moved to accomodate the cup. I would argue we have got more from it this season by blooding some youngsters and letting Laszlo see some fringe players.

It's the equivalent of the forfarshire cup, but worse because it gets priority over the league, which is my biggest bugbear with it. Lets face it the vast majority of fans who have attended these games will have been local, but for out of towners such as myself its a total pain, means we have the hastle of re-arranged midweek fixtures, and these fixtures prob take a little hit number wise too because of that. Sods law if true we are due to play dumbarton when the semis take place.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Just shows how awful the press are up here, surely anyone doing the slightest bit of research would see we played a completely different Xi to the last two league games and the headline would reflect the reality

"shadow United side beaten by Crusaders"
    etc

'Thomson leaves p45 in other suit jacket'

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Have to agree with Shedboy71 here. Really don't agree with this lost momentum idea Ram. The first 11 has had a 2 week break and will be ready to go come Sunday.
    Plus Shabba has had a chance to see what the second 11 can do, chance to evaluate fringe and youth players in a competitive game.
    Surprised at press coverage of this match though, even the BBC main football page went with Laszlo loses first game, wtf, he played the reserves, so what.
    Stokes, Re the above. I will gladly accept your view if we trounce Falkirk next weekend. Yesterday could have been a huge confidence booster for the Falkirk game, had there been a performance of note from the players selected. However, the poor performance (back to the old ways) has caused a lot of apprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Stokes, Re the above. I will gladly accept your view if we trounce Falkirk next weekend. Yesterday could have been a huge confidence booster for the Falkirk game, had there been a performance of note from the players selected. However, the poor performance (back to the old ways) has caused a lot of apprehension.
    I'd be apprehensive if it was the same 11 starting on Sunday v Falkirk or I'd be apprehensive if yesterday was a league game Rammy, but I don't see any real connection with losing yesterday and a "loss of momentum" or a "grey cloud"
    I just don't think it's connected the way you think it's connected. All about opinions mate

I'd be apprehensive if it was the same 11 starting on Sunday v Falkirk or I'd be apprehensive if yesterday was a league game Rammy, but I don't see any real connection with losing yesterday and a "loss of momentum" or a "grey cloud"
    I just don't think it's connected the way you think it's connected. All about opinions mate

For me it's all about player motivation, something that was sadly lacking yesterday. Yesterday's bunch had every reason to be motivated, yet failed miserably. Yes it is by and large a different 11, save perhaps one or two exceptions, who will take to the field next week, but it is the same management team.

FWIW Come next weekend, I hope it is you who is right and me that is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    For me it's all about player motivation, something that was sadly lacking yesterday. Yesterday's bunch had every reason to be motivated, yet failed miserably. Yes it is by and large a different 11, save perhaps one or two exceptions, who will take to the field next week, but it is the same management team.

FWIW Come next weekend, I hope it is you who is right and me that is wrong!
    Hope so!

I think people need to remember Laszlo is just in the door, he's not Paul Daniels, always a wee bit turbulence as managers change, might need a few weeks to get things exactly how he wants them. As long as we keep winning in the league while he makes adjustments the fans will be onside.

Aye,mind the gloom at Easter Rd last season when they went oot and left us a free path to win our 6th major,it nearly cost Lennon his job so it did.

A new manager coming in should normally have a bounce effect in performances. My concern is, granted it was a weakened team, these players didn't respond positively and I don't want the new manager mystique to evaporate quickly. I maintain it would have been better preparation for next week playing a stronger team and on the back of a win.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)