+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fizzy Pop v Crusaders

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'd play the same mix of fringe and development players as last time. It really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things and if we do that and get beat it won't have any bearing on next week's game against Falkirk.
    Couldn’t agree more

Definitely don’t want first teamers bursting a gut in a near meaningless match - what a waste.

Keep same youngsters and fringe that have done well before.

Save the big reaction from the first teamers to Falkirk when it matters

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'd play the same mix of fringe and development players as last time. It really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things and if we do that and get beat it won't have any bearing on next week's game against Falkirk.
    Disagree Terry.
    The result on Saturday is very important and WILL have a bearing on the Falkirk game.
    The Laszlo Factor has made it so.
    I feel a great pressure to win on Saturday.

We need to keep the momentum going and to have the 'Laz R Us' factor. I agree with Smeds. This game will have a bearing on our approach to the Falkirk game.

If I was CL I’d look to start ALL those that started on the bench v St Mirren. As let’s face it, the team v Falkirk will be pretty close to what has been the team in the last two games. That will ensure all those that start are bursting to impress the new gaffer. That would mean development places are few, but they could come on. Wins breed wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Giant_Jouster View Post
    If I was CL I’d look to start ALL those that started on the bench v St Mirren. As let’s face it, the team v Falkirk will be pretty close to what has been the team in the last two games. That will ensure all those that start are bursting to impress the new gaffer. That would mean development places are few, but they could come on. Wins breed wins!
    I might use 5 of the subbies from Saturday - Deniz, Edje, McMullan, Keatings, N'Koyi.
    I'd keep these 6 starters from St Mirren - Murdoch, Durnan, Robson, Fraser, King & Smith.

Deniz
    Murdoch/Durnan/Edje/Robson
    McMullan/Fraser/Smith/King
    N'Koyi/Keatings

So am 'resting' Lewis, Scobbie, Flood, Stanton & McDonald.
    I've got Quinn, Toshney & Briels as injured. If any of them are fit then place on the bench with the likes of Allardice, Taylor & Chalmers who were excellent v Linfield.

Who needs Shabba?!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    We need to keep the momentum going...
    I think the momentum factor only applies to the psychology of individual players. If we completely change the personnel I don't think it'll affect the players not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    I might use 5 of the subbies from Saturday - Deniz, Edje, McMullan, Keatings, N'Koyi.
    I'd keep these 6 starters from St Mirren - Murdoch, Durnan, Robson, Fraser, King & Smith.

Deniz
    Murdoch/Durnan/Edje/Robson
    McMullan/Fraser/Smith/King
    N'Koyi/Keatings

So am 'resting' Lewis, Scobbie, Flood, Stanton & McDonald.
    I've got Quinn, Toshney & Briels as injured. If any of them are fit then place on the bench with the likes of Allardice, Taylor & Chalmers who were excellent v Linfield.

Who needs Shabba?!
    Before recent events, i was thinking this was as far as i wanted us to go in this competition and was happy for the way youth was getting the chance. But apart from i cannot accept this concept of a non Scottish club going on to win this, i think the new manager should be looking at some players who have been dropped recently or not given the chance. Add in those coming back from injury and Shabba wanting to win something, however minor, i would be looking to see this team.

Deniz
    Murdoch, Durnan, Edje, Robson,
    McMullan, Fyvie, Allardice, Chalmers
    N'Koyi, Matty Smith.

A mix of youth amongst Fraser, King and Keatings on the bench.

Id go pretty much full strength, few fringe players

Not one of the guys that started v St Mirren should be starting this. If the likes of Durnan or Robson were to pick up a meaningful injury playing in this you'd be furious. For the avoidance of any doubt, this is a completely meaningless competition that carries no weight whatsoever. Continued participation in it runs the risk of over playing the squad, resulting in too many games over the course of the season. Have people forgotten about its legacy when it came to the play offs last season already?

Giving young players valuable experience against seasoned pros is brilliant, offering experience that can't be gained in the Development League. And if they keep winning, all the better. But for goodness sake, no first teamers. Scottish Cup, yes. But this Diddy farce of a trophy - no danger.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)