Get your very own personalised Blades Board gifts!
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: HI Rodders

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    624

    HI Rodders

    Just a line to tell you how happy i am that your blades are doing so well,and your success is well deserved.
    You and many of the fans deserve this moment,cannot include Herbert.
    Anyway nice to hear that some fans,are concerned with the players having time off,and are worried that the club are not taking Burton seriously.Looking forward to the game .My problem is Wilder is no mug,and he will take Clough and Burton very seriously. enjoy your season ,For us it is nice to be in a relegation battle,With big clubs like Sheff Utd visiting us

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,514
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor1946 View Post
    Just a line to tell you how happy i am that your blades are doing so well,and your success is well deserved.
    You and many of the fans deserve this moment,cannot include Herbert.
    Anyway nice to hear that some fans,are concerned with the players having time off,and are worried that the club are not taking Burton seriously.Looking forward to the game .My problem is Wilder is no mug,and he will take Clough and Burton very seriously. enjoy your season ,For us it is nice to be in a relegation battle,With big clubs like Sheff Utd visiting us
    Cheers Trevor mi owd pal,i'm sure Cloughie would luv to beat us and shove 2 fingers at his critics among us BLADES.I've said many times that i think he was a little harshly treated when gerrin the push at BDBL but i have to say mate our MESSIAH and his team are on another planet from the style of football we had under Cloughie but apart from when ya play us i wish Cloughie and the Brewers well.UTCB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Cheers Trevor mi owd pal,i'm sure Cloughie would luv to beat us and shove 2 fingers at his critics among us BLADES.I've said many times that i think he was a little harshly treated when gerrin the push at BDBL but i have to say mate our MESSIAH and his team are on another planet from the style of football we had under Cloughie but apart from when ya play us i wish Cloughie and the Brewers well.UTCB
    Have to agree Rod ....I liked Cloughie and will never forget the cup runs we had under him....however the improvement in the style and quality of play from what is essentially a similar squad since Tufty has arrived has been amazing.

    Wish him and Burton all the best - just feel he should be prepared to let go a bit and have his teams play more freely.

    UTB Second is Best

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9,591
    "Second is Best "

    Really?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    "Second is Best "

    Really?
    Right now - yes its fine - no need to peak too soon. Let Wolves hold the rest of us up til they get tired.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23,851
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor1946 View Post
    Just a line to tell you how happy i am that your blades are doing so well,and your success is well deserved.
    You and many of the fans deserve this moment,cannot include Herbert.
    Anyway nice to hear that some fans,are concerned with the players having time off,and are worried that the club are not taking Burton seriously.Looking forward to the game .My problem is Wilder is no mug,and he will take Clough and Burton very seriously. enjoy your season ,For us it is nice to be in a relegation battle,With big clubs like Sheff Utd visiting us
    Hahaha, you won't ever forget me will you?

    Here's one for you to consider...

    Chris Wilder's approach to the Sheffield United job is emphatically the correct one. Our fans will all agree.

    Nigel Clough's approach is the opposite of Chris Wilder's.

    What does that say about Clough, his suitability as our manager and my disapproval of him?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Hahaha, you won't ever forget me will you?

    Here's one for you to consider...

    Chris Wilder's approach to the Sheffield United job is emphatically the correct one. Our fans will all agree.

    Nigel Clough's approach is the opposite of Chris Wilder's.

    What does that say about Clough, his suitability as our manager and my disapproval of him?
    You've got yourself a fan there, Herb. And I'm sure you already know the futility of trying to argue with this fruitcake.

    Wilder is the very antithesis of Clough, and it's paying dividends.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    cloughy could have been a very good manager for us but was just too negative with his tactics and stuborness mind ive no doubt he will have a plan for next friday

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    In fairness to Clough, his philosophy of ‘we started with a point and if we end with a point that’s fine no matter who we’re playing’ and him not worrying about not having any shots on goal till mid second-half home or away is probably just the right attitude for a team like Burton trying to stay in the Championship.

    But it’s certainly not the right attitude to take for a club the size of Sheffield United trying to get out of the third tier. Clough was ok, by no means the worst manager we’ve had since Warnock, but he wasn’t the right match for United and never would be. It wouldn’t surprise me if Burton turned us over though if we’re not 100% on our game.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,514
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    In fairness to Clough, his philosophy of ‘we started with a point and if we end with a point that’s fine no matter who we’re playing’ and him not worrying about not having any shots on goal till mid second-half home or away is probably just the right attitude for a team like Burton trying to stay in the Championship.

    But it’s certainly not the right attitude to take for a club the size of Sheffield United trying to get out of the third tier. Clough was ok, by no means the worst manager we’ve had since Warnock, but he wasn’t the right match for United and never would be. It wouldn’t surprise me if Burton turned us over though if we’re not 100% on our game.
    I tek your points re;Cloughie bein negative Gray mi owd pal,and we were desperate for promotion but the reason i said he was little harshly treated is that we were in't bottom 3 when he arrived had 2 gr8 cup runs and a play off in the 18months he was in charge.The football we're seein nar is in my opinion the best since the TC years.UTCB

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    if only he had set his teams up in league games like he did in cups most blades wil be expecting 3 points next friday but i think a draw would not be a disaster

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    33,625
    Funny thing Clough. Polarised fans.
    I thought he was a s h i t appointment at the time but as one does got behind him.
    As others have said,great cup tactics,performances and results but negative league plan culminating in the Swindon debacle.
    Wilder is the antithesis. He is every positive to Cloughs boring negatives.
    It wouldn't surprise me if FLN set up and beat us a week tomorrow,but I so want us to just go and play them off the park. I want Wilder to play the team that beat Hull. No rotation. Strongest team. It's *****.
    Re Trevor. No hard feelings. Hope you are healthy and happy in life pal. It transcends anything bar pig rivalry.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,514
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Funny thing Clough. Polarised fans.
    I thought he was a s h i t appointment at the time but as one does got behind him.
    As others have said,great cup tactics,performances and results but negative league plan culminating in the Swindon debacle.
    Wilder is the antithesis. He is every positive to Cloughs boring negatives.
    It wouldn't surprise me if FLN set up and beat us a week tomorrow,but I so want us to just go and play them off the park. I want Wilder to play the team that beat Hull. No rotation. Strongest team. It's *****.
    Re Trevor. No hard feelings. Hope you are healthy and happy in life pal. It transcends anything bar pig rivalry.
    Fair post Sean mi owd pal,but Cloughie certainly wasn't the worst appointment i've seen in my time,i mean the one before him and the one after were certainly worse.I agree re;Healthy,Happy in life comment 100% pal.UTCB

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    624
    Positive v negative should be interesting at the Pirelli,with our poor home form you could be on a winner; Nice that Herbie and S-B-T had time for a post,My best wishes for the future, Funny when Burton got promoted to div 1 we looked forward to playing big clubs like Sheff Utd at the Pirelli ,since our back to back promotions Villa- derby-Newcastle-Norwich-Forest wow the list is endless,What a journey little old Burton has been on . anyway Welcome to the big time again and with a bit of stability Premier league.
    Rodders you had some lean years,Now i hope you and the fans have plenty to shout about.
    But not on Fri at the Pirelli ,This should be Cloughs demain,and we need points badly

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    nailed on to be our first draw

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •