+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne on Millers' derby following

Warne on Millers' derby following

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Davis_(Millers_ View Post

"However, the manager, who is looking to loan highly-rated ****age midfielder Ben Wiles to a League Two club in January, ruled out adding a defence coach to his backroom staff.

“I don’t think I need that,” he said. “I am really happy with all of my coaches. They are excellent. It’s not that we aren’t giving the lads information. At times, they just switch off. Unfortunately, players in League One do. People make mistakes and consistency is harder to find the further you go down.”

Expect us to keep giving away sloppy goals then.

What the hell is "giving the lads information" ??

A few chats? a twitter feed? the Observers Book of How to Defend?

They need COACHING Mr Warne not "information"

Recognise that or you could be history.

“When I think back to my goals when I played, the only ones I can properly remember are the ones where there were a lot of people there,” ex-striker Warne said.
    Not many memories then Paul

I try not to get down with our club but it's hard when I read things like this.

It may or may not help the players how many fans are there but I don't give a sh ite as long as the team put the effort in, winning mentality at every game or what's the point.

What the hell is he on about with the defence?
    He doesn't have to fetch a new coach in, there's already someone at the club which imo would do a very good job with the defenders, get Richard Wood on the job.

Don't tell the lads what this Derby means, just get them to do their jobs the best they can, play the right formation with the best players for this game (I know that might be a tad hard this time) and don't wait until the 70 minute mark if we desperately need a sub on
    Last edited by millertop; 09-11-2017 at 02:49 PM.

To be fair he is 100% correct in what he is saying about players this far down the leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    To be fair he is 100% correct in what he is saying about players this far down the leagues.
    Of course but within our league Shrewsbury have let in 10, Wigan 9, Millers 22

It's our lack of a properly set up defence that's costing us points.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Of course but within our league Shrewsbury have let in 10, Wigan 9, Millers 22

It's our lack of a properly set up defence that's costing us points.
    Agree but I don't think Warney would agree with you

Get John Breckin involved.
    Well drilled when he was Ronnie's RH man

Doesn't need a defensive coach to see that as a team we are letting far too many crosses in the more we let in the more chance there is the opposition will score

So IMO of course it's a team thing not just the defence

Obviously we need Bailey King and JCH in the side that would sort it
    Last edited by redhouse; 09-11-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    Doesn't need a defensive coach to see that as a team we are letting far too many crosses in the more we let in the more chance there is the opposition will score

So IMO of course it's a team thing not just the defence

Obviously we need Bailey King and JCH in the side that would sort it
    And vaulks dont forget....
    "Theres a player in there "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast