+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: memories of burton

memories of burton

ermmm non actualy lol ps brizzle at the swill next sat any result we cant lose happy days utb ftp

When we played them at their ground,our fans chanting for the Burton manager and at that stage still suspicious of Danny Wilson,we won 2-1,that Norwegian lad scored,cant remember his name

I’ve always had a soft spot for the Brewers, the company I worked for’s head office was based in Burton and we sponsored them throughout the 90’s. I got to attend a few night games and present the man of the match awards for my troubles.Their old ground at Eton Park was a dump but I was always impressed with their fans young and old especially them living in the shadow of the Rammy boys.

Made me think twice about us moaning about our own lot back then when you saw adults and kids singing and enjoying themselves watching football at that level in a ground like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    When we played them at their ground,our fans chanting for the Burton manager and at that stage still suspicious of Danny Wilson,we won 2-1,that Norwegian lad scored,cant remember his name
    Erik Tonne

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    D'ya mean Erik Tonne mate? When they beat us at BDBL 1-0 in their League One promotion season they thoroughly deserved to win but it was a very poor game.Longy the worst game for me under Adkins was the last game of his tenure which was possibly the worst i've seen a BLADES side play it was PATHETIC,which makes where we are nar all the more amazin,Well done to the MESSIAH and everyone connected to our club. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 10-11-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Erik Tonne
    That's the fellow

I've seen on the News Now pages that the only midfielder almost guaranteed a start for Burton is Luke Murphy,i always like dhim when he was at Crewe.He's on a season's long loan from Leeds,allegedly Leeds paid £1 million for him, perhaps he hasn't gone on to fulfil the potential he had at Crewe.UTCB