+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PH on sky

PH on sky

I see Hecky is on Gillette soccer Saturday this week, I hope they give him a good match to do a bit of scouting.

He's now odds on in the betting for the Sunderland job 4/5 with some bookies and 5/6 with others, I was going to put a tenner on when he was 25/1.

Sunderland will off reds a million compo and he'll be gone.

Who'd accept the million?

The only way I'd take the Sunderland job is if it set me up for life, it must be the worst job in football at the minute.

Money talks

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Who'd accept the million?
    us he's only on a 12 month rolling contract.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    us he's only on a 12 month rolling contract.

Who's us?

Suddenly on soccer saturday eh....biggest indicator he's going. They'll want juicy goss live on air.

The problem for any HC going to Sunderland is the amount of underperforming players on huge contracts who you can't move out of the club , rest assured those players will sit tight on 40k a week rather than move on for less money assuming a club wants them that is .

It's the polar opposite of ourselves , I think Hecky would find that very difficult to manage myself .

That said every HC has enought self belief to back themselves and think they are the one to turn it around , Grayson left a steady number at Preston for example .

It's not exactly a bed of roses here either to be fair but Hecky's got collateral here and a bit of power and can get away with the odd feck up , he won't get that at Sunderland and neither are they likely to stick with him through the hard yards period that will inevitability have to happen before it gets better .

It could make him a multi millionaire and his profile upped several levels , it could also condemn him to the rest of his career lower down the pyramid .

I'd say the negatives outweigh the positives myself but money will be a factor here , he's a well paid man but hardly seriously wealthy and he's a young family to think about .

Wouldn't be surprised either way to be honest which way this one goes .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast