+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jake Livermore

Jake Livermore

Another good game for England tonight.

I thought he did alright tbf. I know he gets a lot of stick here & there, and I wouldn’t know if it’s justified or not, as I don’t really watch him that often.
    I thought he was solid, full of energy and got forward when he could. I felt for him having to play in front of Trippier. Every time Trippier overlapped, he took an extra touch instead of whipping a cross in, allowing the Germans to swarm back. He then checked and short changed Livermore with paceless sideways/backwards passes, by which time Livermore was always smothered by retreating Germans. He didn’t stand a chance and invariably lost possession, thus making Livermore look wasteful.
    I thought he stood up well.
    Trippier, Maguire and Abraham WHY????????

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    I thought he did alright tbf. I know he gets a lot of stick here & there, and I wouldn’t know if it’s justified or not, as I don’t really watch him that often.
    I thought he was solid, full of energy and got forward when he could. I felt for him having to play in front of Trippier. Every time Trippier overlapped, he took an extra touch instead of whipping a cross in, allowing the Germans to swarm back. He then checked and short changed Livermore with paceless sideways/backwards passes, by which time Livermore was always smothered by retreating Germans. He didn’t stand a chance and invariably lost possession, thus making Livermore look wasteful.
    I thought he stood up well.
    Trippier, Maguire and Abraham WHY????????
    I don't know if I have just a generally negative view of him now, but I thought he was largely anonymous v Germany. Much like how he is in most of our games, no telling forward passes, no forward bursts, I didn't even really see him breaking up play. He seems to run up and down, without ever breaking stride and everytime he gets the ball he passes sideways or backwards.

Its all opinions I guess, but I thought Trippier had a decent game, he put some good crosses in, got up and down the flank and effected the game. Moreso than Danny Rose on the other side..

Livermore has suffered whilst playing for because of the continued playing of the GK.

Some on here were creaming themselves when he signed at the fact he cost £32m the season before and that PSG wouldn't give us an option to sign him, and I urged caution regarding him and the lack of game time he got last season from a manager who brought him into PSG with him.

It appears clear, to date, that he has some kind of clause in his contract that he must play, and this is causing an imbalance in the team.

This guy should not be in our first team.

We need to go back to basics and build from there.

Jake Livermore gives the England manager a safe option, he's not a headless chicken like some of the young guns, I think Gareth likes the stability he brings.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Jake Livermore gives the England manager a safe option, he's not a headless chicken like some of the young guns, I think Gareth likes the stability he brings.
    I agree Boingy. I was amazed to see him the line ups for the friendlies, especially after he was only called up as a replacement due to injuries. Even more surprised to see him do the full 90 minute shift against Brazil only being replaced by Rose for injury time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I agree Boingy. I was amazed to see him the line ups for the friendlies, especially after he was only called up as a replacement due to injuries. Even more surprised to see him do the full 90 minute shift against Brazil only being replaced by Rose for injury time.
    He actually keeps moving into free space as well giving his team mates an option always. That is needed in a team. Would be nice for some tv commentators to actually mention him though as if he exists. Not his problem its theirs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)