+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could The Azzurri Miss Out ?

Could The Azzurri Miss Out ?

Lost the first leg of their world cup play off against Sweden 1-0 in Stockholm .

Never known the Italian's not qualify for the world cup , interesting second leg coming up .

Anyone see that penalty awarded against Northern Ireland last night in Belfast ? , absolute shocker .

I think they’ll sort it in the second leg then go on to reach the final knocking us out along the way 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I think they’ll sort it in the second leg then go on to reach the final knocking us out along the way 1-0
    Well you'd still back em ESR I'd agree to find a way but this isn't the greatest Italian side I've seen by a long way and the Swedes are always difficult to beat .

That penalty was a shocker, but it was men against boys.
    First half Ireland couldn't get out of their own half.
    I think the Swiss would have won it anyway. They looked like they had another gear to me.
    If you want to see decent football at a World Cup, the Swiss won't be out of their depth.
    Weren't they in the top 5 World rankings not that long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I think the Swiss would have won it anyway. They looked like they had another gear to me.
    If you want to see decent football at a World Cup, the Swiss won't be out of their depth.
    Absolutely agree the best side won Hodger , no problem there .

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Agreed. With the utmost respect to N Ireland they're not going to do anything but defend should they even reach the finals. I felt at the last Euros there were too many teams who weren't there to win. Absolutely crap spectacle. Uefas fault. Greedy b as tar ds extending it from 16 teams to 24 meant the 8 extra teams who qualified weren't up to scratch making the tournament the worst I've seen in living memory

Italy v Sweden was always the pick of the qualifying draw. Someone decent is going to end up very disappointed.

Been there ourselves haven't we. Missing art on USA 94 was horrible. That crunch qualifier away to Holland will always haunt me with the injustice of it all. I was no Graham Taylor fan but I couldn't help but feel sorry for him that day.

I remember missing out in 1974 to Poland. Poland finished third in that World Cup. We had a great team and think we would have done well had we qualified.

Euro 2008 we had top players all at their peak. However, that dildo Mclaren wanted to make a statement dropping Paul Robinson and David Beckham. Was a travesty we weren't at that tournament.

Well done to Sweden. To keep Italy out for 180 mins you've got to give them credit. Bet there'll be a few ities crying into their pasta bowls toneet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast