+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT FAO Serious Pie

OT FAO Serious Pie

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post

Saw him live,sat on the front row at the Odeon in Nottingham,years ago. A great singer.

Is it true that he wore shades purely to hide the fact that he was cross-eyed?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Really appreciated Uysapie and many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    He wasn't boz eyed Siddington. From what I can gather, he did wear glasses but forgetting them one night he performed in a pair of cheap sun glasses which instantly became his trade mark.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Saw him live,sat on the front row at the Odeon in Nottingham,years ago. A great singer.
    I think it was Roy but whilst in Nottingham he got appendicitis (?) and went into hospital. My friend, who also went to the Odeon, got wind of this and realised that Orbison wouldn't have known many people in Nottingham so went in to visit him and was gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    They were prescription sunglasses Sidders... I guess he just looked way cooler with them What a fantastic musician he was

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I think it was Roy but whilst in Nottingham he got appendicitis (?) and went into hospital. My friend, who also went to the Odeon, got wind of this and realised that Orbison wouldn't have known many people in Nottingham so went in to visit him and was gratefully received.
    Nice one