+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first Notts goalkeeper?

Your first Notts goalkeeper?

Who was the goalie when you first started watching Notts?

For me it was Mick Leonard, but he was usurped fairly quickly by the legend Steve Cherry. Aiden Davidson and Kevin Blackwell seemed to spend a lot of years in the reserves around then too.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post

For me it was Mick Leonard, but he was usurped fairly quickly by the legend Steve Cherry. Aiden Davidson and Kevin Blackwell seemed to spend a lot of years in the reserves around then too.
    Gordon Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post

Eric McManus

George Smith

George Smith

Eric McManus. Closely followed by Raddy.

Barry Watling.

Barry Watling followed by George Brown

Jimmy Linton but it was George Smith that I really remember.

Well I remember Gordon Bradley really well as he lived next door to us in West Bridgford but I am not sure if he was the first one I saw as I was only five when I saw my first game, I suspect that might well have been Roy Smith, I remember Gorge Smith really well a very under rated keeper.

Gordon Bradley used to come on Bridgford Park and play football with us gave us some coaching, he was also a very good tennis player and would take me and my sister to play in the tennis courts on the park during the summer, he taught us how to play a really top gent. Ernie Taylor ?, another Notts player also lived on our road I believe he came from Man. Utd. Dennis Marshall our former secretary after Chick Heath lived around the corner close by him was Jeff Whitefoot and Jackie Sewell, as a kid I was surrounded by them.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast