+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T armistice day

O/T armistice day

Lest we forget.

The simple things we do today are because real life hero’s have paid the ultimate sacrifice for us all.
    We should never forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Lest we forget.

The simple things we do today are because real life hero’s have paid the ultimate sacrifice for us all.
    We should never forget that.
    I have total respect for the armed forces , let me make that totally clear , their bravery in conflict is second to none in that respect they are indeed heroes .

Other than the two world wars and the Falklands have our politicians who send these lads n lasses to foreign lands to lose their lives and limbs made me and the country safer .

My answer would be no , they've made it more dangerous .

The ultimate sacrifice on Normandy beaches is one thing in 1944 but in Iraq or Afghanistan , I'm not so sure myself .

I will observe the two minutes silence as I always do but as far as the politicians go , well that's another matter .

Don't wish to disrespect anyone in the armed forces , they are indeed heroes .

I've long thought that the Great War should be taught in every school, as an exercise in pointless conflict, and the powers that allowed it to happen.

Don’t think this thread is a place for political views.

It’s meant to show respect to the fallen hidden political views or if a war was pointless is not the point of today.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I have total respect for the armed forces , let me make that totally clear , their bravery in conflict is second to none in that respect they are indeed heroes .

Other than the two world wars and the Falklands have our politicians who send these lads n lasses to foreign lands to lose their lives and limbs made me and the country safer .

My answer would be no , they've made it more dangerous .

The ultimate sacrifice on Normandy beaches is one thing in 1944 but in Iraq or Afghanistan , I'm not so sure myself .

I will observe the two minutes silence as I always do but as far as the politicians go , well that's another matter .

Don't wish to disrespect anyone in the armed forces , they are indeed heroes .
    😠 You just can’t help yourself can you.

Why is it necessary to state political views on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    😠 You just can’t help yourself can you.

Why is it necessary to state political views on this thread.
    Could it be that politics and warfare are one entity ?

Could it be that politics and warfare are one entity ?
    If you want to debate this start a separate thread rather than hi jacking someone else’s whose only intention was to show respect to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the service of our country.

I’m sick and tired of you coming on here and turning everything into a political debate.

Do us all a favour and post your views on Dingle mad rather than boring us to death on here a Rotherham United fans forum.

I went and paid my respects as I do most years. In France they have 2 bank holidays for the ending of both wars. I only go to today event as it's my opinion that once is enough each year.

I get shivers down my back whenever I hear the Last Post. It is a sound that means so much to us who feel strongly about every service man and woman who has given their lives for our country.

And that should be the key thing. These personnel have given their lives for their country and followed the instructions of the leader of it. It isn't the men and women who chose where and when to fight. They are asked/told to fight for what is seen at the time to be the right thing for the security of the country there and then. It is only hind sight that allows us to know whether it was the rght or wrong thing to do.

The personnel make the greatest sacrafice and it's in their memory I chose to give a moment of my time on each 11th of November each year.

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    If you want to debate this start a separate thread rather than hi jacking someone else’s whose only intention was to show respect to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the service of our country.

I’m sick and tired of you coming on here and turning everything into a political debate.

Do us all a favour and post your views on Dingle mad rather than boring us to death on here a Rotherham United fans forum.
    I'll post where I want thanks and you don't have a monopoly on what's posted on here given only you seem to have a problem .

I'll post where I want thanks and you don't have a monopoly on what's posted on here given only you seem to have a problem .
    Enjoy you must be so proud spouting political opinions on an armistices day thread.

I’ll leave it here but got to say Yak and Frog have shown how it should be done with class.

God bless and thank you to alll the brave men and women who paid the ultimate price so we can enjoy the freedoms we do today.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast