+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Rovers view...

A Rovers view...

Firstly it was good to play you again after quite a while,it's always better when you have a better atmosphere at the match.As much as the Keepmoat is a huge improvement of Belle Vue,the atmosphere is poor when there are only 100 visiting fans...I also thought both sets of fans behaved impecibly for the minutes silence despite our dislike for each other..Brilliant respect
    As for the match.Well if we are both going to be honest it was a poor game between 2 bang average sides.We had lots of possession,played a lot of passes but created absolutely nothing in reality and you were pretty comfortable.I couldn't see either of us scoring.For this match at least you went pretty direct and lumped it up top for the striker to chase and we dealt with that pretty comfortably too..it had 0-0 all over it tbh
    I couldn't see your ghost goal as it was at the other end and from the tv pics still couldn't say for sure.Our penalty appeals were all close shouts but you would normally expect to get one...
    The game changed when with ten to go we changed shape and you took advantage but regardless of wether we deserved to win or not,it's always a sickener when you concede so late in a game.
    As for the time wasting and ball boy,i'm sure you would have done the same,it's one of those were when it's happening to you,you go mad but when it's the other war round it's what you want to see...
    In conclusion I didn't think either of us deserved 3 points out of it and a draw was pretty fair.On that showing we both have quite a way to go before either of us can think about seriously challenging to go up...

Fair points in general but I thought your time wasting was not reasonable. its been alleged that one of your players told the ball boy not to get the ball which is not on and something i cant recall our players doing at the new york stadium. When our goalie had to go and get the ball with a ball boy sat right next to it it is wrong to say the least also vaulks had to wrestle the ball off the ball boy to get the ball down your end. Coppinger's high fives for too many players on the pitch on his substitution was also over the top as was your players chucking themselves on the floor in the last few minutes. Not saying we dont time waste by putting the ball into corners and things but that sort of time wasting requires a bit of skill. Overall a draw was a fair result. Thought you had an organised defence and stuck to your game plan well.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-11-2017 at 10:46 AM.

That's fair enough,i know how infuriating it can be..Blackpool and S****horpe did it to us at the Moat this season and I admit it drives you mad.The Scunny player knew he was coming off and proceeded to run to the furthest point away as the ball was kicked out..Then spent 3 minutes limping off then laughed when he got to the touchline.
    Didn't make any difference in the end though as the minutes that were added on during injury time allowed you time to score..

2 poor teams who won’t go up I thought.

Thought Marquis was a pain all game didn’t look prolific but kept us busy.

You could and should have had at least 1 penalty our goal should have stood.,
    We were too direct and are on a bad run so you should have beaten us. I think your time wasting cost you big time at the end.
    A draw a fair result from a poor game.,

Think we will finish about 10th and you lot below us.

If we would have played like we were earlier in season we would have won comfortably.
    If you had gone for it more we were there for the taking.

UTM

It was a rubbish game, we are missing key players so a few were playing out of position but still...

Expect officials to get most wrong, least their mistakes were on live TV.

Yes we all waste time which is added on in most cases so maybe Coppenger? Wants to remember that when he's high fiving his players when being subbed at 1-0 up

If the player did tell the ball boy to leave the ball then he needs to man up and apologise to the lad who got stick from some of our idiots.

See you at NYS
    Last edited by millertop; 13-11-2017 at 11:24 AM.

We could easily be a top 6 club. O'Donnell did well. Ihiewke is out this sat' coming but we've got a Left back who can play. Our midfield I like Potter & Vaulks there, battlers. Got to sort left hand side out attaching. Me JCH can drift out there, better than playing right sided players there. We can get in the play-offs min' this season. Get to the Jan' transfer window in touch then bring in were we need to.

Agree with everything posted apart from gwru. O'Donnell didn't have a save to make apart from the OG.

On the ball boys. I remember Ronnie Moore telling someone to go around and collect the balls when we had the multi ball system in place, but that's different to telling a young lad to do something that isn't in the spirit of the game. Its a pretty dirty thing to do and doesn't set an example to those young kids. Thankfully the ref wasn't conned and we got the extra time added on.

I was looking forward to seeing Coppenger after hearing that Donnie fan on Radio Owls, raving on about how good he still is. I didn't realise who he was until he went off. I thought Marquis was the best Donnie player by far, and I also liked the big black lad on the right. It was his cross for the own goal I think.

A poor game. Our game plan was to try and stop Donnie down the middle (based on Warney's pre match interview) and I think he did that, but that was at the sacrifice of width when we were attacking. I would have rather have seen us go for it a bit more. In the end a point away from home is acceptable and probably what we deserved.

Coppinger was quiet but to be fair you closed down pretty quickly all game and at his age he needs a bit of space to play..I think neither of are under any illusions about were we are both at this season..And i suspect this time next year we will still be playing each other in league 1 although it was just one game..
    The player everyone is talking about for you is the striker but he's going to take some replacing if he goes back or is sold in January unless you can buy him that is,do you have the funds to do that??...Nobody seems to be arguing that a draw was about right so it's as you were until the return game..
    Looking forward to going to that,never been to your new ground..I've read the synopsis on the Keepmoat and that's fair enough.Whenever anybody builds a new ground it's analysed and the next time ones built it's slightly better as lessons are learned.S****horpe did it first and now find theres is terribly outted...That said I'm old school..I used to love old grounds like belle vue and Millmoor,A lot of these new grounds can be souless concrete bowls but they have to be designed that way to take advantage of all the other stuff like conference facilities and gyms etc etc to boost income..
    Also pleased that there wasn't that much trouble..Had a bit of banter in our club bar with a couple of Miller fans prior to the game that was all good natured which is how it should be...

Not much trouble?
    You obviously didn't walk down the road to the coach park then.

No I didn't..Heard that town was a bit lairy early on but that was about it...TBH If idiots from both sets of clubs want to find somewhere quiet to bang ten bells out of each other because, they cant take there ale then let them crack on as long as it doesn't impact decent men,woman and children going to the game from either club..Beats me why people cant have a laugh and a bit of mickey taking banter over a jar without feeling the need to get violent..Maybe if we could stamp that out of matchs here,then one day we could all enjoy a beer while watching the match like they can everywhere else in Europe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast