+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doncaster Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Doncaster Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Well, all I can say is a last minute equaliser makes getting up at 4.30 to follow the game a whole lot better. Seeming more like mid table mediocrity is our lot for this season but many would have settled for that before a ball was kicked.

Thoughts on today?

Fair result in my opinion yes we had a goal over line that wasn’t given but they clearly should have had a penalty so I’d say it cancels each other out. Better defending from us but in my opinion having Moore on his own up front is limiting our opportunities.

Fair result but we need to do better

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Seeming more like mid table mediocrity is our lot for this season ?
    If Kieffer goes back in January and we don't sign TWO new centre forwards in the transfer window, plus a replacement for Wood, I'd settle for 5th bottom - because we could be struggling to achieve that
    Last edited by mikemiller; 11-11-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Interesting for me today not there and watching it from a different perspective on tv.
    We just hoof it every time irrespective if there is a simpler pass on.
    Fair play for keeping going and scoring.

We look poor tbh though and 1 dimensional.

The first half I thought was a typical derby. When you're there watching it's a lot better than watching it on telly. The second half was poor for us. We were too far away from one and other to make any moves more that 3 passes. Our game seems to be going backwards or at least stationary whilst other teams have got the fitness now to compete.
    Is it just me or does every team that we play against load the midfield and stretch the back four nulifying our pressing game?

Agree it looked like pub football at times, we deserved a draw.

thanks for the memories Keifer.

Match stats from BBC football website
    Millers had 12 shots, two on target, one of which was our 96th minute equaliser. We're missing Frecklington, and Warney has got to tell the other midfielders/wingers to take on some responsibility for goalscoring if we are persisting with this formation.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 11-11-2017 at 03:09 PM.

A deserved point for me , you need to keep the lad Moore , your season will be defined by him in my opinion .

Roll on goal line technology is my thoughts, a game we won but got one point for. Still never the same without Frecks, hopefully addressed in January along with full backs, at least one CB and Striker lol.

UTM!

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Fair result in my opinion yes we had a goal over line that wasn’t given but they clearly should have had a penalty so I’d say it cancels each other out. Better defending from us but in my opinion having Moore on his own up front is limiting our opportunities.

Fair result but we need to do better
    Out of interest, what was the penalty claim you refer to? It can’t be the handball as Marquis hand balled it before he shot.

They only had one decent chance and that was the header from Toffolo.

Without the own goal they would never have scored.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast