+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Doncaster Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Surely Warne must be able to see what everyone else can by now. Newell will never ever be a central midfielder because he doesn't have any of the necessary attributes to play there. Left midfield is his best position.
    However, I wouldn't start him there either as he still doesn't seem fit enough or strong enough to get through 90 minutes.
    He is usually very effective when he comes off the bench for the last 20/25 minutes and he's going to have to accept that's his role in the squad at the moment.

I would Inc forde the same Newell. Both of there best performance have been off the bench..
    Ball though I would say the opposite. He looks like one of those players who needs game time. He will be quiet for 89 minutes then bang.

[QUOTE=caytonmiller;38702659]From back to front.

O'Donnell had his best game for the Millers. Any ball he came for he got. Kicking was good. Quick off his line, Handling was good. No chance with the goal.. 8

Emmanuel, big lump. Got caught out of position a couple of time. On another day he would have given a pen away all be it a soft un. Solid enough though for a young lad... 6

Ajayi had Maquis to handle and wasn't he a handful? He did his usual mistake trying to play footy but O'Donnell get him out of the hole....6

Wood. Missed a sitter. Well scored a missed sitter as replays shows it well over the line but he should have buried it.. got caught out of position following coppinger into midfield and couldn't get back into position for the goal. Made two good blocks (one with hand). 7

Ihekwe. Kept coppinger quiet all game even without the help from midfield. Misses Saturday after 5th booking. 7

Williams. A few good runs then ran out of ideas. Kept going till the end hacked down a few times with very little protection from the ref....6

Vaulks. Usual stuff from the lad. Some good. Some not so. Works very hard and never gives up. Note. Sweet right foot but needs shooting practice.. 7

Potter. Solid,. Always seams to have time.. doesn't play the killer pass but that's not his job... Well on target to be in contention for player of the season. 8

Newell. Said it last year, please don't play him CM. He can't tackle. Plus has little pace.. his role is left midfield or impact player from bench. Quiet game...5

Taylor. Well off the pace. Holding his knee after 50 min,. Will get better with fitness... 5

Moore. Worked hard for the full 97 minutes, double teamed most of the time.. Missed a sitter with his head, took the goal well. 7.5

Subs. Jch. Worked hard. Hit post Prob his best 20 min this season..6

Ball,. Links well with Newell. Likes the fancy one/two stuff.. 8 minutes today so few chances and his shot lead to the goal. 6...

Towell. Added that bit of flair in midfield. Good all round game. Sublime flick to get ball his shot on goal... 6.5..[/QUOTE

Agree with most of that. 6.5 for Emmanuel liked what I saw about the man. Towell I must have missed something would sooner have seen Wiles. JCH at last got the call, rate him along Vaulks he's the man.

Credit to PW for making those major changes towards the end of the game.
    2 strikers coming on for 2 defenders. Very bold and it worked.
    Towell should have been on 10 mins earlier though.

Donny away

Oh my god ! Lifelong Miller follow them every single day ! Didn't realise just how bad we have got ! What happened to playing to each other flowing football ! Didn't see two clear passes to each other today , just pumping the ball up front hoping Keifer would be at the end of it ! Come on millers this was pure **** ! What the hell is going to happen when Keifer is recalled new year , no plan X ! Very mediocre !

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Even if they got a penalty they still have to score it whereas the ball was definitely over the line from Woods header,yet again poor officials.
    Not really, refs are trained only to give penalties when they are 100% sure it is one, also they should only allow goals if they are 100% sure the ball fully crossed the line.

I’ve replayed the Wood “goal” over and over and I still can’t be 100% sure jt was a goal with the benefit of numerous camera angles. So the officials did the right thing.

Jees Cornish, as maiden posts go that was a bit despondent, but can't believe you hadn't realised just how bad we had become. Where the hell were you last season? By comparison this is just like watching Brasil.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not really, refs are trained only to give penalties when they are 100% sure it is one, also they should only allow goals if they are 100% sure the ball fully crossed the line.

I’ve replayed the Wood “goal” over and over and I still can’t be 100% sure jt was a goal with the benefit of numerous camera angles. So the officials did the right thing.
    I'd agree with the ref not seeing it but the Lino was looking straight down the line

JCH did well when he came on, don't worry I wont expect the anti Jono fans to agree

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    JCH did well when he came on, don't worry I wont expect the anti Jono fans to agree
    I don't think they're 'anti Jono', I just think they can see he's not made any impact in his appearances so far this season , but today he did, so fair play to him. Hopefully we'll see more of the same.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast