+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone listen to wm last night?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Another classic thread!

99 years to the day the WW1 ended, where so many brave men lost their lives and we are down to this.

Men fron West Bromwich and Wolverhampton would have stood shoulder to shoulder.

Now they argue pathetic insulting war of words over who's team is the better.

It brinds back memories of the school playground, "my dads bigger than your dad.

Batter truely lost on some or is down to the day and the time of it.

Mickd's post about this site dying on it's arse brought a few suggestions why it is so doing. This type of pos9t is a very good example of why it is dying.

This board was one of the busiest a few years ago but not anymore. People come on here to moan, discuss, have the odd rant but most of all to talk about West Brom and football in general.

I have not posted since April because of posts being highjacked by the same people. The whole idea of this board was lost with futile petty arguing.

I doubt this post will do much other than get a pile of abuse but for the sake of this board I hope the author of this antagonistic post will reflect on why they posted it in the first place.

Don't forget the two minute silence today to reflect one those poor souls who gave their lives and how lucky we are because of them.
    I don't know who you are baggiemadrrr, or whatever your name is, but don't you dare ever suggest that a simple post about a footy phone in show correlates in any way to those brave soldiers who have given their lives to protect us and our way of life.

My Grandfather on my Mother's side fought for the British Army in Burma. All we ever knew about it was the medal's in my Uncle's house. My Grandfather never discussed it and we never asked. The fact he fought make me immensely proud.

But, what I do know is that the wars fought are to protect our right to write what we want.

A couple of weeks ago Terry Butcher's son, an ex soldier committed suicide having not being able to cope after leaving the services.

I was very upset at hearing this and very happy that Ipswich had a minutes silence for him.

I didn't reply to your post yesterday, out of respect for the day, but a shadow dweller like you need not have broken a 7 month hiatus to remind me to observe the 2 minute silence.

It may have escaped you notice, but this is WBA forum. Some on this forum listen to the phone in referred to and the thread is clearly, in it's title, directed at them.

Many such threads with similar titles about the wm phone in have been posted in the past.

There is no abuse from anybody, baggie or dingle in the thread.

So I suggest your agenda is against me, for whatever reason that may be.

I'll await your response and will look for your dog face avatar in around 7 months.

This thread was the first time I had posted on here for over 2 weeks due to other commitments.

In those weeks you just lurked in the shadows rather than regale us on here with your views in an attempt to revive a dying board. You didn't even post on the enthralling Hawthorns PA system thread.[/QUOTE]

Baggieblood, thank you for your response, it was as I would have expected.

I will not get into a long debate with you but I will address a few points though. You say you did not reply Sunday out of respect for the day, however 24 hours previously, when you posted the initial topic of this thread, which you surely have to admit was aimed at Wolves fans and I would suggest was put out there expecting a response from Wolves fans, you were perhaps forgetful of it being Armistice Day.

You say you are fed up with Hammers fans going on about West Ham, yet you talk as much about Wolves as you do about West Brom.

You suggest there was no slagging off in the post but you refer to Wolves fans as six fingered! The dog face comment was not intended as an offence? And shaddow dweller! I will post as often or as little as I wish.

I would suggest most have relatives who have fought bravely for their country, I have and what they did was a wonderful thing and I too feel very proud of what they did but sad that they had to face what they faced and for the effect it had on them the rest of there lives.

I do not have a personal agenda against you. I do not know you, I merely selected a post I considered was scribed with one agenda.

I guess what I was trying to highlight was I don't really understand the hatred of one man of another because he supports a different football team. The banter I get, the hatred I do not. My point was if you were today put in a position where you had to fight for your country I am sure you would not take issue standing next to a soldier from Wolverhampton.

I certainly meant not to offend you and if I did, for that I apologise.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 14-11-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    I don't know who you are baggiemadrrr, or whatever your name is, but don't you dare ever suggest that a simple post about a footy phone in show correlates in any way to those brave soldiers who have given their lives to protect us and our way of life.

My Grandfather on my Mother's side fought for the British Army in Burma. All we ever knew about it was the medal's in my Uncle's house. My Grandfather never discussed it and we never asked. The fact he fought make me immensely proud.

But, what I do know is that the wars fought are to protect our right to write what we want.

A couple of weeks ago Terry Butcher's son, an ex soldier committed suicide having not being able to cope after leaving the services.

I was very upset at hearing this and very happy that Ipswich had a minutes silence for him.

I didn't reply to your post yesterday, out of respect for the day, but a shadow dweller like you need not have broken a 7 month hiatus to remind me to observe the 2 minute silence.

It may have escaped you notice, but this is WBA forum. Some on this forum listen to the phone in referred to and the thread is clearly, in it's title, directed at them.

Many such threads with similar titles about the wm phone in have been posted in the past.

There is no abuse from anybody, baggie or dingle in the thread.

So I suggest your agenda is against me, for whatever reason that may be.

I'll await your response and will look for your dog face avatar in around 7 months.

This thread was the first time I had posted on here for over 2 weeks due to other commitments.

In those weeks you just lurked in the shadows rather than regale us on here with your views in an attempt to revive a dying board. You didn't even post on the enthralling Hawthorns PA system thread.

I will not get into a long debate with you but I will address a few points though. You say you did not reply Sunday out of respect for the day, however 24 hours previously, when you posted the initial topic of this thread, which you surely have to admit was aimed at Wolves fans and I would suggest was put out there expecting a response from Wolves fans, you were perhaps forgetful of it being Armistice Day.

You say you are fed up with Hammers fans going on about West Ham, yet you talk as much about Wolves as you do about West Brom.

You suggest there was no slagging off in the post but you refer to Wolves fans as six fingered! The dog face comment was not intended as an offence? And shadow dweller! I will post as often or as little as I wish.

I would suggest most have relatives who have fought bravely for their country, I have and what they did was a wonderful thing and I too feel very proud of what they did but sad that they had to face what they faced and for the effect it had on them the rest of there lives.

I do not have a personal agenda against you. I do not know you, I merely selected a post I considered was scribed with one agenda.

I guess what I was trying to highlight was I don't really understand the hatred of one man of another because he supports a different football team. The banter I get, the hatred I do not. My point was if you were today put in a position where you had to fight for your country I am sure you would not take issue standing next to a soldier from Wolverhampton.

I certainly meant not to offend you and if I did, for that I apologise.[/QUOTE]

You really do need to go to specsavers, as your current specs are seeing words that are not there.

I haven't referred to anyone as 6 fingered nor did I state i was fed up about west sham fans going on about their clun either.

It's a forum, with thousands of threads, if I don't find one of interest I move on. I don't have the time nor inclination to complain about it.

I don't open a thread aimed at phone in listeners, having no insight into what was said in the phone and then get offended by what I read.

It was aimed at those Albion fans who listened (from the posts no one did listen to it) and the same sentiments of jumping the gun have been expressed on here many times.

Again, you presume that I forgot it was Armistice Day.

And again how dare you.

My post was over 6 hours after 11am.

At about 10am someone posted on the ammers thread, which was clearly a thread that had turned into a our club is better than your club, but you didn't direct your diatribe there you peddled your agenda on my thread and saw words that were never there.

I am sure Albion fans also fought alongside west sham fans in many conflicts.

Read my thread again, I suggest.

It clearly does not state my team is better than yours, it clearly says the dings, are again jumping the gun, and letting their fantasies go wild. I praised Sheff Utd (through gritted teeth) and Cardiff (again through gritted teeth for the same reason) because they have spend nowt and not broken championship transfer records and are up there in with a chance of automatic promotion.

Like my example of Terry Butcher's son's tragic passing would have shown to most intelligent readers, I remember the sacrifice of those brave enough to fight for us all the time not just on a few days in November.

Regarding your point about "My point was if you were today put in a position where you had to fight for your country I am sure you would not take issue standing next to a soldier from Wolverhampton", is redundant as I cannot even kill a spider so the thought of killing another human, with what that does to the mind of the person pulling the trigger, and has no relevance as I am not made of the stuff that can do that.

That is why I have the utmost respect for those who do it, and strongly admonished a dingle, not long, ago who thought it funny to call to accuse an ex soldier of "suffering from shell shock".

Tell me did you not read that from the shadows?

You know why you wrote what you wrote, and when you wrote it, you wanted a hostile response on Remembrance Sunday, and your latest post (2nd in 3 days so well done on that one), imagines and interprets a response I never wrote.

If you are so upset at the fallings numbers of posters here, come out of the shadows and regale with your wit and bonhomie and a novice like me can learn from it.

There are plenty of anti albion threads on wolves mad, I don't read them.

I suggest if you don't like a thread, move on to the next one, as it is your choice.

A choice many brave souls gave their lives for you to have rather then us all walking around seig heilling and reading mein kampf.

Re Your avatar it is a dog's face, is it not?

If it offends you, change it. But, if it offends you being remembered by it I apologise.

That's how I remember posters on this forum, from their avatars.

You suggest there was no slagging off in the post but you refer to Wolves fans as six fingered! The dog face comment was not intended as an offence? And shadow dweller! I will post as often or as little as I wish.

You really do need to go to specsavers, as your current specs are seeing words that are not there.

I haven't referred to anyone as 6 fingered nor did I state i was fed up about west sham fans going on about their clun either.

It's a forum, with thousands of threads, if I don't find one of interest I move on. I don't have the time nor inclination to complain about it.

I don't open a thread aimed at phone in listeners, having no insight into what was said in the phone and then get offended by what I read.

It was aimed at those Albion fans who listened (from the posts no one did listen to it) and the same sentiments of jumping the gun have been expressed on here many times.

And again how dare you.

At about 10am someone posted on the ammers thread, which was clearly a thread that had turned into a our club is better than your club, but you didn't direct your diatribe there you peddled your agenda on my thread and saw words that were never there.

It clearly does not state my team is better than yours, it clearly says the dings, are again jumping the gun, and letting their fantasies go wild. I praised Sheff Utd (through gritted teeth) and Cardiff (again through gritted teeth for the same reason) because they have spend nowt and not broken championship transfer records and are up there in with a chance of automatic promotion.

Like my example of Terry Butcher's son's tragic passing would have shown to most intelligent readers, I remember the sacrifice of those brave enough to fight for us all the time not just on a few days in November.

Regarding your point about "My point was if you were today put in a position where you had to fight for your country I am sure you would not take issue standing next to a soldier from Wolverhampton", is redundant as I cannot even kill a spider so the thought of killing another human, with what that does to the mind of the person pulling the trigger, and has no relevance as I am not made of the stuff that can do that.

That is why I have the utmost respect for those who do it, and strongly admonished a dingle, not long, ago who thought it funny to call to accuse an ex soldier of "suffering from shell shock".

You know why you wrote what you wrote, and when you wrote it, you wanted a hostile response on Remembrance Sunday, and your latest post (2nd in 3 days so well done on that one), imagines and interprets a response I never wrote.

If you are so upset at the fallings numbers of posters here, come out of the shadows and regale with your wit and bonhomie and a novice like me can learn from it.

I suggest if you don't like a thread, move on to the next one, as it is your choice.

A choice many brave souls gave their lives for you to have rather then us all walking around seig heilling and reading mein kampf.

If it offends you, change it. But, if it offends you being remembered by it I apologise.

That's how I remember posters on this forum, from their avatars.[/QUOTE]

Having met me BB can you please confirm I look nothing like my Avatar? :-))

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

And again how dare you.

That's how I remember posters on this forum, from their avatars.

Having met me BB can you please confirm I look nothing like my Avatar? :-))[/QUOTE]

Hope I don’t, or do I? 😎😜

And again how dare you.

That's how I remember posters on this forum, from their avatars.[/QUOTE]

Baggieblood,

Again thank you for your response. You mention six fingered and you are correct, in this thread you have not made any reference to Wolves supporters and their breeding, however, you cannot deny using that term or similar in previous threads.

You have taken offence because I drew attention to your inflammatory thread and it being posted on a particular day You posted it and it was the 11th November.

I wrote my response to your inflammatory thread to show that how infantile threads like that are.

I am not overly concerned at the demise of this board, I am sorry so many excellent posters do not post anymore but life moves on and things change.

Any person with any feeling would have a deep feeling of sorrow for any person that loses a child.

People call others names, you yourself have been most disrespectful to our Chinese owners and their culture, in previous posts.

Your image of me reading from the shadows is actually quiet funny. By your own admission you indicate you did not post for a couple of weeks, were you dwelling in a shadow, naughty you eh! i will post as often and as little as like. No controlling person is going to make me change my posting habit.

I am a British person, I do not hate the Germans and I perhaps would have good reason to do so. Your description above in that respect is in fact a poor example and in poor taste.

My dog is actually a very good family pet and companion. He can make some humans look stupid. So again no controlling person is going to make me change my avatar.

You obviously missed, what I consider an important point, in my first response to your post in that I offered an apology if you were offended. I take it was not accepted and therefore I withdraw it and stand by my original thoughts on your post.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 15-11-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Well said BMG

He has simply found his next target after bullying two previous posters off the forum.

He states he couldn't even hurt a spider yet he is the biggest tough guy you will ever find.

Behind a keyboard.

BMG get a life old son life’s too short for upsetting yourself.

Baggiemadgrrrr, again you lie.

Find one post where I have disrespected our Chinese owners?

Now just jog on.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Well said BMG

He has simply found his next target after bullying two previous posters off the forum.

He states he couldn't even hurt a spider yet he is the biggest tough guy you will ever find.

Behind a keyboard.

But at least Bloods posting are interesting - yours are as boring as Betty's Hot Pot on Corrie! Blood is also entertaining and says it from the hip. You are the equivalent of what you would find on the bottom of your shoe and come out with pure utter garbage. Go and play with your chum Eve!

Now with the utter most respect - do one!

Here's the thread, a thread I never denied writing contrary to what you believe and my thread was, posted hours after 11am.

It's strange that you don't like my dingle p iss taking, but when they do it on their website, I site you post on, you never find the need to admonish them or indeed anybody else ever on here who has written a anti ding or vile thread.

Given what depraved things go on on the net, from terrorist recruitment, fraud and *****philia to name a few this thread was the one that should be censored.

Good job the rozzers have no resources as I could have been looking at a long stretch for this obscene filth.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)