+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What has gone wrong

What has gone wrong

With today’s result, things are starting to get rather desperate as the club slips very much into the relegation zone. After the start to the season which promised so much we are in freefall. Where has it all begun to go so badly wrong. Clearly, as a starting point I would suggest that if you leak goals like a sieve then you really are up against it. The results from the two up and coming fixtures will give a strong lead as to whether the club are going to be in a major relegation battle to retain their football league status.
    Last edited by Fidler; 11-11-2017 at 05:56 PM.

My goodness that second half was dreadful from the very first minute. It was obvious that Lincoln`s manager had spotted our weakness, and went for it full blast.

Mind you our weakness is so glaringly obvious it is no surprise. The big surprise is that our manager cannot see what has been the problem for at least 2 months. Our midfield is so weak and easily brushed aside. Lowery being the worst. As was said after the game "he cannot score. he cannot attack and he cannot defend" If he continues being selected it can only get worse.

We desperately need a strong central midfielder if we are going to avoid relegationprise

What ever really went right, apart from a bit of luck?

It's a shame this board is so dead in general these days, I'd be interested to see what the Davis Out crowd are making of our new boss. As I stated at the time he was sacked: you can get rid of Davis, you can stick with him: it doesn't matter a jot. Our high-profile Academy seems unable to produce players of even League Two standard these days; combine that with a low wage budget and you get the worst Alex squad in 30 years and a very real threat of non-league football at Gresty Road next year.

In short: the squad is ****e, the manager is inexperienced, a club legend still active in the Academy is suspended (presumably, it's all gone quiet) for alledgedly covering up child abuse, the club's name has been dragged through the mud by being at the tip of the historical child abuse in youth football iceberg, and the atmosphere for home games is just awful.

I won't be going again in a hurry.

I was part of the Davis out brigade, still think that was right, he’s hardly pulling up trees at Leyton Orient.

I like Artell but I can’t help but feel he’s getting a few things badly wrong. We’ve got some talented youngsters in this side but we’re not playing in ways that are allowing them to shine. There’s no point trying to go toe to toe with a side like Lincoln who are bigger, stronger and fitter, we needed to keep the ball not bring on another big striker and lump it to him.

No idea why Zooms seems out of favour, you could easily see that Lincoln were targeting Pickering yesterday and it worked a treat.

Walker must be frustrated, signed as a midfielder, stuck at the back. The midfield badly needs a bit of strength and someone who can keep the ball and he’s covering at centre back when we have 3 others in Ng , Stubbs and Nolan.

Part of this is that the injuries to Jones and Ray have had an impact , but we really should be able to deal with 2 injuries.

This is down to poor planning not poor players

We are currently without 2 midfielders who, if fit would be playing. If these 2 were fit, Lowery would have been rested by now. Lowery is a good player but at this stage in his development needs a short spell out of the side. Not because he is playing badly, but because he needs a break from playing in what is in effect, a losing side.
    I have seen it said that there will be no one coming in come the transfer window. Given the current situation with injuries and hopes rather than assurances over Jones and Ray's return to action, we need to bring a central defender who will be good enough to get into the team and an experienced midfielder who can get in amongst the opposing midfielders. Dare I say, someone like Grant. Anthony, not Conor. Of course, depending on the situation around centre halves,that man may be Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh_Cup_1937 View Post
    What ever really went right, apart from a bit of luck?

It's a shame this board is so dead in general these days, I'd be interested to see what the Davis Out crowd are making of our new boss. As I stated at the time he was sacked: you can get rid of Davis, you can stick with him: it doesn't matter a jot. Our high-profile Academy seems unable to produce players of even League Two standard these days; combine that with a low wage budget and you get the worst Alex squad in 30 years and a very real threat of non-league football at Gresty Road next year.

In short: the squad is ****e, the manager is inexperienced, a club legend still active in the Academy is suspended (presumably, it's all gone quiet) for alledgedly covering up child abuse, the club's name has been dragged through the mud by being at the tip of the historical child abuse in youth football iceberg, and the atmosphere for home games is just awful.
    Yeh but apart from those few things everything's going swell.

Let’s be realistic our manager was a defender and would run through brick walls assistant was king kenny the midfield general so what’s gone wrong they carnt manage simple

Second point look at the board when do they put there hand in there pocket never I believe there is nothing in the pot for January.

Force this geriatric board out or look forward to none league football next year because that’s where we are heading.

Academy kids not near good enough for men’s football we saw that yesterday ok for 45 mins and then collapse

Big sort out or there will be no football league team in Cheshire

Look forward to hearing other people’s views

We're probably about where we should be if you look at our budget,which I expect is amongst the 6 or 7 lowest in this league.
    As Dario once said: a manager is only as good as his players.
    Give the Alex job to Klopp,Mourinho,etc and would they fare any better? Doubtful,I'd say.
    We desperately need a new investor with lots of money to come in and inject some life in to this club...before we find ourselves jettisoned into the non-league wilderness-probably never to return.

Oh yeh,there is some good news though:
    The academy is the 9th best in the country.
    (We'll overlook the fact the first team is currently the 88th best).

Well let’s all boycott the first team games and go and watch the 9th best academy team in the uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast