+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warne got 5 games left

This was always going to be a difficult season whoever was in charge.
    TS will only get rid of Warne if we start to really plummet down the league.
    That won’t happen because the league is poor proven yesterday 2 poor teams.

He does need to look at his tactics though just shockingly predictable.
    We may as well play 4-2-4 because we bypass the midfield far too much.

Phil that's sillier than silly. What makes you think we get parachute payments? You don't get them in this league. It's only for teams that drop out of prem into championship or teamed from league two into non league....

I think warne will be here next season and the reason we have looked poor over the past few week is because of the very high STD we had seen over the first 10 games (except Charlton).

Yes we are seeing a few games games now where it's not working but for fo oks sake we are 6th in the league .

Calm down

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Phil that's sillier than silly. What makes you think we get parachute payments? You don't get them in this league. It's only for teams that drop out of prem into championship or teamed from league two into non league....

Parachute payments for teams relegated from the Championship 2016-2017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34738830

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes we are seeing a few games games now where it's not working but for fo oks sake we are 6th in the league .

Calm down
    Nicely summarised MT

Hit woodwork three times
    Ball over the line
    Last kick of the game winner.
    We had many more chances then they did.
    We're 6th
    Quality in between was poor and it's something we need to work on and improve in January. PW has told us this

There's nothing above that would make a Chairman want to sack the Manager

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Parachute payments for teams relegated from the Championship 2016-2017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34738830
    Thanks for that wrinkly. I stand corrected. I wrongly understood it was only the top n bottom division that got the payments. Guess that's sillier than Phil's sillier than silly.

Quote Originally Posted by philthefluter View Post
    Silly that`s just silly.Why would we have to pay Jackett when he walked away?.More likely he was in breach of contract
    The point about parachute payments not happening is probably wrong as well.We will get them this season, and if we go up we wouldn`t need them next season?
    I’m not sure on jacket tbh Phil but since he has a new job we won’t pay him anything anyway so it makes no difference.

As for parachute payments no we wouldn’t need them if we went up but is our team strong enough to compete in championship? Not a chance so I stand by my comment on using the money to fix the holes in the team and making a run for championship next year

According to the link wrinkly posted we only get parachute payments for 1 season. Isn't it about 1.3 million for league one plus the one off payment of 11% of

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I’m not sure on jacket tbh Phil but since he has a new job we won’t pay him anything anyway so it makes no difference.
    Silly. It all depends what is in their contract. I heard one manager saying that he was being paid by 2 clubs at the same time. This is why they have agents. I do think that if a manager walks he shouldn't be paid any more but in Jacketts case The Millers put in the contract that he couldn't work for anyone else for 6 months. Would you accept those terms if you weren't being paid?
    I once heard David Hirst of SWFC saying that he was still being paid an obscene amount from Southampton even though he was out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    in Jacketts case The Millers put in the contract that he couldn't work for anyone else for 6 months. Would you accept those terms if you weren't being paid?
    Depends on job and money being offered tbh frog. Also there are clubs that have it in contract that they can’t get another job for the duration of the contract that was signed that lasted 4-5 years (I think David moyes had a contract like that at Man U) yeah I know we are not Man U but it just shows how strange football can be at times

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast