+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Long Ball Tactics

Agree it’s easy to say it on a forum.
    Was I’ll yesterday so didn’t go and watched it on SKY.
    Have to be honest we were poor and just hoisted it forward without any real intent of finding a man.

Agree we have decent footballers in the team but we’re not using there quality’s.
    I lost count of the amount of times we had time on the ball and just launched it straight pass Newell Taylor and Williams.
    It seems to me and I’m always objective is that whenever Warne gets criticised the cry’s of what’s he supposed to do or could you do any better come out.
    He’s the manager and is paid to see what hell of a lot of fans are seeing.
    Also agree that most away fans think we’re a team of long ball physical one man team and not good to watch. I do chat with them away from home.
    Take the equaliser out yesterday and we would have a different forum this morning.

For what it’s worth Warne has done a lot of good stuff imo but over the last 5 games we have been between awful and average.

I disagree totally. Potter & Vaulks are the 1st 2 names on the team sheet in midfield. Then it's either Frecks, Towell or Wiles. No room for Newell. This league is physical not for the nesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Agree it’s easy to say it on a forum.
    Was I’ll yesterday so didn’t go and watched it on SKY.
    Have to be honest we were poor and just hoisted it forward without any real intent of finding a man.

Agree we have decent footballers in the team but we’re not using there quality’s.
    I lost count of the amount of times we had time on the ball and just launched it straight pass Newell Taylor and Williams.
    It seems to me and I’m always objective is that whenever Warne gets criticised the cry’s of what’s he supposed to do or could you do any better come out.
    He’s the manager and is paid to see what hell of a lot of fans are seeing.
    Also agree that most away fans think we’re a team of long ball physical one man team and not good to watch. I do chat with them away from home.
    Take the equaliser out yesterday and we would have a different forum this morning.

For what it’s worth Warne has done a lot of good stuff imo but over the last 5 games we have been between awful and average.
    Yeh, yesterday was the first time i've actually thought Warne had got it wrong tactically, thye were rubbish and there for the taking, we had to score for them, but for me we showed a lack of nous going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I disagree totally. Potter & Vaulks are the 1st 2 names on the team sheet in midfield. Then it's either Frecks, Towell or Wiles. No room for Newell. This league is physical not for the nesh.
    I would like to see Newell along side Moore for a couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I would like to see Newell along side Moore for a couple of games.
    I agree frog.we must play a system where KM is not marooned up front.Newell would be an option ,also Taylor could be better used alongside the big lad.Come on Warney we must play a more attacking system, with having two up front.

It's quite disconcerting that most people's plans revolve around a crock that rarely plays more than 20 games a season.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    What team would you play yak in the 442?
    Come on Cayton why is that Warne gets questioned you automatically throw it back with what would you do. ?

Picking 4-4-2 wouldn’t be difficult would it ?
    Easy as playing Ball up top potter and towel in middle with 2 wingers and other options which I can’t be arsed to list.

Warne imo has done some decent stuff if I’m honest better than what I thought in some ways.

But yesterday was shocking we looked like a team intent on just playing the percentage game with the massive kick up field.

Frecklington is a miss yes but please don’t tell me that without him we can only hoof it ?

Apart from Portsmouth away I’ve yet to talk to any away fans who think we’re anything different than a long ball one man team.

Can’t all be wrong.
    Want Warne to succeed also want him to utilise the players we have using there strengths eg David Ball
    Good footballer wrong tactics.
    Why sign him if we’re not going to play to his strengths?
    Last edited by Yak; 12-11-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Warne brought Ball to the club to play as a number 10 so give him a fair run in that position now he's fit.
    Newell can't play in central midfield, he just doesn't have the necessary attributes. He's more effective playing on the left but his real value is coming off the bench with 20 - 25 minutes to go.
    Vaulks is hit and miss and can't play the simple pass, he's more guilty than most for just launching it forward. By the way, that free kick he took yesterday was embarrassing, the sort of thing you'd expect a pub player to do on a Sunday morning.
    Frecks must play in central midfield if fit, otherwise Towell, with Potter alongside.
    Then Williams on the left, Taylor on the right, Ball just in front of the midfield with Kieffer up top.
    Just draw the names out of a hat to decide who will play in defence as that seems to be the way it's done at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Come on Cayton why is that Warne gets questioned you automatically throw it back with what would you do. ?

Picking 4-4-2 wouldn’t be difficult would it ?
    Easy as playing Ball up top potter and towel in middle with 2 wingers and other options which I can’t be arsed to list.

Warne imo has done some decent stuff if I’m honest better than what I thought in some ways.

But yesterday was shocking we looked like a team intent on just playing the percentage game with the massive kick up field.

Frecklington is a miss yes but please don’t tell me that without him we can only hoof it ?

Apart from Portsmouth away I’ve yet to talk to any away fans who think we’re anything different than a long ball one man team.

Can’t all be wrong.
    Want Warne to succeed also want him to utilise the players we have using there strengths eg David Ball
    Good footballer wrong tactics.
    Why sign him if we’re not going to play to his strengths?
    i answered your question and asked who you would play in a 442 formation. wtf is wrong with you. you asked the question and i asked one back. ffs grow up dick

Don’t do arguments on here Cayton.
    However I’ll be in high bar on Saturday at 1.30 come and repeat what you have just said to me.

I’m off this site now till I calm down.

See you Saturday Cayton don’t be late.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast