+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sell Mitrovic in January

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    If it's true he's probably looking to extend his paydays, he's 33 now.
    I don't doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I don't doubt it.
    Also, he's not scoring goals anymore. Hasn't since his time at Chelsea. Bad move for him it was.

Gotta say though I can see Torres going out on loan this January until his contract expires in the summer. He's not played more that 200 minutes of league football so far this season, and with Diego Costa coming back in after Christmas, I doubt his chances of playing will increase. Whether it's a loan move to the North East of England, I don't know. But with our situation up front and Rafa knowing him well, it's not that unlikely I suppose.

He needs to leave for the good of his career, the way Benitez has treated him is a disgrace, Joselu ahead of him every week what a joke. He just needs a manager who has faith in him and he will score for fun, He plays every game for Serbia and has scored loads of goals for them and will be going to the world cup, Ill be supporting Serbia next summer and wherever Mitro go's i wish him all the best.

Aye-being here hasn't done him any favours. it's a shame it hasn't worked out and I hope he does well when he does move.

If Rafa doesn't trust Mitrovic or doesn't like him or is afraid to play him for a variety of reasons, then the sensible thing is to sell him.
    Let him go and play football instead of rotting on the sidelines.

Whether people think he's worth a shot or whether he can regularly score of given a regular shot, is irrelevant if the manager has not faith in him.
    My personal opinion is, he can be a loose cannon but he can also force an opposition manager to change the focus on their game, such is Mitrovic's presence and strength and obvious unpredictability.

I don't think Rafa goes in for unpredictability.
    I'd personally love to see Mitrovic given a fair go because I think there's goals in him of the service is provided and set pieces with him add another massive potential.

I think Rafa's looking for a Mitrovic build with the pace of Gayle.
    I think I saw some in a book once.

It started with "once upon a time."

Well if the take over happens and he gets a decent budget. Rafa may get the striker he wants for his "happy ever after".

rafas had 3 windows to make something of mitro
    and hasnt

he either cant coach this type of player
    or that this player just doesnt have it

either way he should have either got rid of him by now
    or made something of him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)