+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Brave

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    According to the latest my team are in tier 3.
    Mental
    As far as the ordinary punter is concerned, this whole thing stinks. The SFA are doing a terrible job of explaining this. The only surprise is I'm surprised.

What a lot of complete s.hite. Even the name of this mince "project" is a minter.

This will all collapse and I think it's good we are not even tying to commit to this heap of "elite" *******s.

As has been said many times on here, and elsewhere, our game is run by complete and utter incompetent, clueless muppets. Really begining to think our game up here is fading to oblivion. Urgent action required to get the fools out and change the whole set up .

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    What a lot of complete s.hite. Even the name of this mince "project" is a minter.

This will all collapse and I think it's good we are not even tying to commit to this heap of "elite" *******s.

As has been said many times on here, and elsewhere, our game is run by complete and utter incompetent, clueless muppets. Really begining to think our game up here is fading to oblivion. Urgent action required to get the fools out and change the whole set up .
    Indeed, and to start with I'd change
    the points system 3pts for a win, 2pts for a score draw, 1pt for a no score draw, zilch for a defeat.
    Next would be to have the top league consist of 18 teams, playing each other once home and away.
    Then two leagues of 12 below, playing each other 3 times each.
    Bottom two in top league get automatically relegated, top two of League below get promoted, and so on throughout the rest replacing the final two teams with league winners from Highland/lowland/top Junior Leagues etc who could have a play off
    Bring back the old reserve league
    Have a much fairer share out of prize money for league placings
    Warn the bigot brothers and any other teams, that if their knuckle dragging fans sing offensive songs they would be fined the first time, increased fine the second, play behind closed doors the third, and if they repeat the same behaviour on a fourth occasion they would be deducted 3 points. Then the process would repeat. Would take a few months but that should sort those phukkers out

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    the points system 3pts for a win, 2pts for a score draw, 1pt for a no score draw, zilch for a defeat.
    Next would be to have the top league consist of 18 teams, playing each other once home and away.
    Bottom two in top league get automatically relegated, top two of League below get promoted, and so on throughout the rest replacing the final two teams with league winners from Highland/lowland/top Junior Leagues etc who could have a play off
    Warn the bigot brothers and any other teams, that if their knuckle dragging fans sing offensive songs they would be fined the first time, increased fine the second, play behind closed doors the third, and if they repeat the same behaviour on a fourth occasion they would be deducted 3 points. Then the process would repeat. Would take a few months but that should sort those phukkers out
    You should head up the SFA mate!! I'm in

I agree, this whole creation just smacks of snobbery to me. Out of touch making clubs spend possibly outwith their means to facilitate a badge of honour. Will these elite academies be productively used to provide first team players or will they just bring bragging rights and a way to monopolise Scottish football talent? I think the latter.

First thing the SFA should be doing is stopping Celtic using their financial clout to buy other teams kids.

They won't though.

Couldn't disagree more about the actual league setup

We have it right just now with 12 in terms of interest etc, maybe 14 teams at a push, the playoff system has added interest and most teams in all the leagues have something to play for

The 18 team setup died a death, all time low crowds it led to (much lower than now), unbelievable amount of meaningless dead rubber games aswell

It would be a disaster to be honest

One thing we do have right just now is the setup with regards division numbers in the top flight and the play off system

Another positive change is the new league cup setup, as is bt sport and their coverage of it and our game in general

The negative changes have been the challenge cup (get the colt teams to fk) and now this daft project with DUFC as I've of the bigger clubs not given elite status, another is this proposed move from our traditional home of Hampden to Murrayfield, just improve Hampden ffs, it's still by far the best venue for big cup finals and crucial internationals with an unmatched history

I'll home in on these points which I like a lot. I would go further though, a fifth occasion and the Weegie bstrd clubs are expelled from our league. Just think , Nae " Old Firm " within a season . Be feking braw that.

I would also punish the sheep s.haggers due to Wiggy the thick , doric, incompetent fud voting with Timothy to keep the status quo in respect of the league voting structure. Utter Phanny .

Don’t really get project brave.

Seems a bit like re-arranging the deckchairs on the titanic

Should be project iceberg

I'll home in on these points which I like a lot. I would go further though, a fifth occasion and the Weegie bstrd clubs are expelled from our league. Just think , Nae " Old Firm " within a season . Be feking braw that.

I would also punish the sheep s.haggers due to Wiggy the thick , doric, incompetent fud voting with Timothy to keep the status quo in respect of the league voting structure. Utter Phanny .
    A fairer share of the gate receipts and prize money is what is really needed

Massive missed opportunity whilst sevco were outside the top league to carry out proper reform

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)