+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC are a disgrace!

BBC are a disgrace!

The Newsnight programme last night 'The Problem with Men' was disgraceful. It demonised all men and made us all out to be *** maniacs. It's about time that the BBC got rid of its liberal left wing bias. Most men are respectful of women and act accordingly. Don't get me wrong, rape is a disgusting and abhorrent act and anybody found guilty should expect the full weight of the law to come down on them.

We have to put things into perspective though. Any woman that I have talked to regarding 'wolf whistling' said that they took it as a compliment and a bit of harmless fun. It is now to be regarded as a criminal act. Way next? During this programme no mention was made of women's behaviour. You only have to look at how some of these young women conduct themselves in Ibizza and the like. How many times have you heard the comment 'Oh, she s hagged her way to the to the top.'

On this thread I am in no way excusing any form of disrespectful behaviour towards women and certainly not any serious criminal acts. My point is that the BBC's programme demonised ALL men which it had no right to do. It is high time that the BBC funded themselves and not expect us to fund it if this is the kind of propaganda it is peddling.

I'm glad I did not see it from what you say. In general I try to steer clear of the BBC as much as I can now. As well as the left wing bias you mention, I find their very ultra orthodox political correctness (if there is such a thing) so very irritating. This permeates everything. There was a time when I would only watch BBC news and 'commentary' whenever I could because of it's quality. Not any more. There is no escaping it in sports coverage either. Nor the once very dry Radio 4.

I didn't catch the programme, but I'm confused why you think a programme demonising men is liberal left wing bias? If I saw a programme attacking women's general behaviour I wouldn't automatically think what a load of right wing tosh. Maybe my thinking is wrong, but if this was unfairly prejudiced against men then in my mind its nothing to do with political stance?

I find the BBC and Sky News very impartial and generally look at their websites for news as they write balanced news articles than others in my opinion. If you ever watch Question Time there are a broad range of people on there from across the political spectrum.

I think the Beeb's political stance is just about right: Some say it's too left-wing, and some say it's too right-wing.
    What's irritating, though, is the new insistence to "include" black and brown presenters even if they're not upto standard - same with "including" women football pundits, for the sake of proportional representation.
    If we MUST "include" (say) 10% blacks - for the sake of PR - why not "include" 95% hetero***uals, who are under-represented by about 50%!!

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    I think the Beeb's political stance is just about right: Some say it's too left-wing, and some say it's too right-wing.
    What's irritating, though, is the new insistence to "include" black and brown presenters even if they're not upto standard - same with "including" women football pundits, for the sake of proportional representation.
    If we MUST "include" (say) 10% blacks - for the sake of PR - why not "include" 95% hetero***uals, who are under-represented by about 50%!!
    I agree with that. I think BBC get a lot of flak from both ends of the spectrum. Generally I think they're quite balanced and impartial. You're right too with representation, ultimately it should be about how good that person is at the job rather than their gender/***uality/religion/race giving them an advantage or disadvantage. Chris Hughton talked recently about the lack of BME managers in the game and he said the last thing he would want is tokenism.

I heard some gameshow panels now have to have a female on their show regardless. Which is tokenism. I seem to remember South Africa too tried it in their sports teams about 20 years ago, it failed spectacularly.

The BBC is not impartial by any means. It has a left wing bias and has for years. In its programmes the way they are produced with emphasis on the stance that it supports ie Brexit, Immigration etc is clear for all to see. I stopped watching their news reports long ago and support the feeling that they should lose the licence fee and compete for advertising.

The BBC should stick to what it's good at,documentary making and people poncing around dancing like the rest of us give a f u c k.

I used to enjoy the programmes like Newsnight but since Evan Davies has taken the helm it's gone down a very left wing route and lost its way.

Paxman could be outright rude at times but I can honestly say I couldn't detect which way he swung politically or otherwise which is not the case now.

When you get a presenter like Paul Mason leave to join what he hopes will be a Trot/Marksist uprising in this country it makes you think a bit....it did me anyway,it's impossible to have beliefs as rabid as his are without having always had a biased agenda.

They might as well close the BBC when Attenborough pegs it....there will be no use for it at that point!

Channel 4 and Jon Snow are equally and openly left wing biased as well.

Talking of bias I noted with interest the lack of a thread on here today about "Seedy,disgusting Labour MP's" after a day of revelations about their bunch of dirty old men and the obnoxious and arrogant way Corbyn ignored questions on the subject!

There are bad eggs in all walks of life and in every political party so shall we start a thread for each party?

There must be some skeletons in the Monster Raving Looney Party.

Don't forget the Greens.....I'm sure I heard Carolyn Lucas once ate a Lamb chop!!

FFS give me strength,thank god I'm on the downward slope towards the Crem!
    Last edited by mickd1961; 03-11-2017 at 11:13 PM.

If you were left wing Mick you'd be saying exactly the opposite. The Beeb & Channel 4 are, as this board is, a mixed bag.

The Brussels Broadcating Company is definitely biased to the left.
    During the last 2 elections they went out of their way to find lefties to interview,
    The same with the referendum , always seeking out folk who thought it was a bad idea
    to leave the EU.
    Ever eager to highlight things when things don't go as well as they could, but barely
    giving airtime to the economy and the fact that unemployment is at a record low ( something labour
    will never achieve).
    Question time is a prime example .
    The audience is usually heavy on the left with , the usual ****wits who boo and scream foul play
    when anybody suggests immigration is too high or able bodied people should find a job instead of
    sponging off society.
    To finish the BBC ( like any public funded organisation ) is completely overstaffed,,
    the old labour/union thing..why have 2 folk do a job efficiently when you can employ 5 to do
    the same.

The BBC is gender biased too. run by wimmin for wimmin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)