+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gordon Taylor....

Gordon Taylor....

What's the point of him and his £1m salary.

Just watched the Alan Shearer documentary about heading the ball and it's links to brain damage, and what was blatant was how Taylor, who should be at the forefront, couldn't give a toss.

Nothing done since the King's passing in 2002, which is a disgrace!

The balls are a lot lighter than in Jeff's day. If it's proven that heading the modern day ball is detrimental to the players' health then we may as well knock the game on the head.
    All forms of rugby, boxing and other sports should go as well.

Ttbomk no one is suggesting banning heading a ball for adult football. What is crazy the FA continues to promote heading the ball for kids under 10. Watch a game of kids football and heading plays no part in the game but still FA badged coaches have repetitive heading drills for players as young as 5 (I swear some of them see it as macho.) I'm no doctor but even I know their skulls are not fully developed until much later.
    The American FA has banned heading until the age of 10. If we did the same tomorrow the only thing that would end is under 10's being asked to repeatedly head the ball in training. How much safer and more beneficial to their skills would it be if they spent that time with the ball at their feet!
    As regards adult football all I ask is the PFA and FA openly investigate so everyone can make informed choices on how much time they spend heading a football.

Indeed nobody is advocating the banning of heading, just more research into it and some form of a scheme/fund whereby those who are suffering from the effects of long term heading, like Nobby Stiles, get help when needed.

The thread is aimed at Taylor as, it is his duty and PFA chairman to be lobbying for this and threatening strike action if required, like he did a few years back, when demanding more of the tv money.

He basically just spouted gibberish last night when spoken to by Shearer.

I say spoke to because, any proper interviewer would have given him a much harder time.

BTW Taylor's salary as of 2015 is not £1million but £3 million +. There are lots of things in football I find obscene and unbelievable but this is ........

Can't finish the sentence because I can't find the words. £3 million, £3 fcuking million.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    BTW Taylor's salary as of 2015 is not £1million but £3 million +. There are lots of things in football I find obscene and unbelievable but this is ........

Can't finish the sentence because I can't find the words. £3 million, £3 fcuking million.
    I cannot believe this.

Open mouthed and shocked.

No wonder he doesn't retire.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)