+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L2 Table

L2 Table

There's been some talk about 'patchy' form/new players required and rubbish like that on social media and in the press, which I feel is a little exaggerated. Go on to the Notts website and have a look at every team's W D L from the past 5 games. Nobody is totally dominating. Every team has lost and drawn 1 or 2 fixtures recently. It's a cliche, but literally anybody CAN beat anyone in this league.

We had a brilliant run and now were picking up points here and there and still managing to stay top of the league!

This IS League 2 football. Sure enough, I reckon we will have another brilliant run at some point which will again propel us further in the right direction. Then there will probably be a slight dip in form again. Hopefully, after all this, we'll soar at the end of the season and be amongst the automatics or playoffs.

Whatever happens, we need to enjoy it because believe me, in a couple of years, Nolan will be looking for bigger things and we'll be talking about these times with high praise.

So can any negamorphs (cos there's still a few, even when you're top of the league) please just grow up and enjoy it when we're doing well, instead of constantly whinging about things.

As Notts fans we do (and have) put up with a lot of **** over the years, but now it's time for respite and enjoyment. Give yourself a break and bloody enjoy it!!

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!! COYP!!!

There's been some talk about 'dodgy' Brexit negotiations and ***ual scandals.......new front-benchers required and rubbish like that on social media and in the press, which I feel is a little exaggerated..........Go on to the Government website and have a look at every other Party's form from the past 7 years. No Party is totally dominating....... Every Party has lost front-benchers recently........ It's a cliche, but literally anybody CAN beat anyone in this Parliament.

Theresa May had a brilliant run, and now we're picking up polling points here and there ...........and still managing to stay in power!

This is normal............ Sure enough, I reckon we will have another brilliant run at some point which will again propel us further in the Right direction. Then there will probably be a slight dip in Polling numbers......... Hopefully, after all this, the Tories will soar at the end of the year and stay in power.

Whatever happens, we need to enjoy it because believe me, in a couple of years, Theresa will be looking for bigger things and we'll be talking about these times with high praise.

So can any negamorphs (cos there's still a few, even when you've no hope of getting rid of us) please just grow up and enjoy it when we're doing well, instead of constantly whinging about things.

As a Tory country, we do (and have) put up with a lot of **** over the years, but now it's time for respite and enjoyment. Give yourself a break and bloody enjoy it!!

WE ARE INDEPENDENT ONCE AGAIN.
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 13-11-2017 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Not enough Political threads...constant boring footie all the time

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    There's been some talk about 'dodgy' Brexit negotiations and ***ual scandals.......new front-benchers required and rubbish like that on social media and in the press, which I feel is a little exaggerated..........Go on to the Government website and have a look at every other Party's form from the past 7 years. No Party is totally dominating....... Every Party has lost front-benchers recently........ It's a cliche, but literally anybody CAN beat anyone in this Parliament.

Theresa May had a brilliant run, and now we're picking up polling points here and there ...........and still managing to stay in power!

This is normal............ Sure enough, I reckon we will have another brilliant run at some point which will again propel us further in the Right direction. Then there will probably be a slight dip in Polling numbers......... Hopefully, after all this, the Tories will soar at the end of the year and stay in power.

Whatever happens, we need to enjoy it because believe me, in a couple of years, Theresa will be looking for bigger things and we'll be talking about these times with high praise.

So can any negamorphs (cos there's still a few, even when you've no hope of getting rid of us) please just grow up and enjoy it when we're doing well, instead of constantly whinging about things.

As a Tory country, we do (and have) put up with a lot of **** over the years, but now it's time for respite and enjoyment. Give yourself a break and bloody enjoy it!!

WE ARE INDEPENDENT ONCE AGAIN.
    Says the man in Mexico with his finger on the pulse...

I know where I would sooner be this morning Sid.

A couple of seasons ago we was the lat team to be beaten away in any of the four leagues and still got relegated, I look to see how far we are from the drop,we are Notts County

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    There's been some talk about 'patchy' form/new players required and rubbish like that on social media and in the press, which I feel is a little exaggerated. Go on to the Notts website and have a look at every team's W D L from the past 5 games. Nobody is totally dominating. Every team has lost and drawn 1 or 2 fixtures recently. It's a cliche, but literally anybody CAN beat anyone in this league.

We had a brilliant run and now were picking up points here and there and still managing to stay top of the league!

This IS League 2 football. Sure enough, I reckon we will have another brilliant run at some point which will again propel us further in the right direction. Then there will probably be a slight dip in form again. Hopefully, after all this, we'll soar at the end of the season and be amongst the automatics or playoffs.

Whatever happens, we need to enjoy it because believe me, in a couple of years, Nolan will be looking for bigger things and we'll be talking about these times with high praise.

So can any negamorphs (cos there's still a few, even when you're top of the league) please just grow up and enjoy it when we're doing well, instead of constantly whinging about things.

As Notts fans we do (and have) put up with a lot of **** over the years, but now it's time for respite and enjoyment. Give yourself a break and bloody enjoy it!!

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!! COYP!!!
    I understand your sentiment and you are quite right, we are top of the league.

I take it though that you don't watch Notts that often otherwise you would see that we are still light in various departments. We need a striker under 30 and a backup centre half as a bare minimum. I am sure the management will be looking to strengthen in other areas as well.

If we stand still we will effectively be going backwards as other teams will no doubt be adding to their squads in January!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I understand your sentiment and you are quite right, we are top of the league.

I take it though that you don't watch Notts that often otherwise you would see that we are still light in various departments. We need a striker under 30 and a backup centre half as a bare minimum. I am sure the management will be looking to strengthen in other areas as well.

If we stand still we will effectively be going backwards as other teams will no doubt be adding to their squads in January!
    Depends who you add LM. Mansfield added about twelve to their squad with Danny Rose being the only one to catch the eye.
    We brought in Yates, Brisley, Hawkridge and Grant, all good first team players who have fitted in well, with Alessandro and Jones as back-up. On the other hand, we also brought in Saunders and Hodge - say no more.

This is a brilliant season. Kudos to all at the club, especially the main difference maker IMO (and I'd guess most on NCM), Kevin Nolan (plus AH of course).

Just think, this time last year we were heading to non-league. Now we're looking at getting out of the league at the other end. Our expectations have been turned around completely and we have a genuinely great chance of getting back to L1. And you have to take these chances when they come. Clubs will be sniffing around wanting to poach him, including a couple of his ex-clubs maybe. I trust he'll see the season out at least, but I also hope that he thinks we haven't got quite enough in the squad to guarantee an automatic spot at the moment. With the squad as it is now, I think there will be at least 3 other clubs who can gather points at a greater rate than Notts over the next 29 games. Why settle for top 7 and the lottery of the play-offs when we could make it all the way? January is crucial and it's up front where we need an upgrade the most. Do that and we'll be playing Birmingham, Sunderland and Bolton next year instead of Forest Green and Dover Athletic.

2 points a game and being top of the table should not be sniffed at 1/3rd of the way into the season. We are five wins and a draw from 50 points with survival guaranteed and the door opens to then kick on. On current form over a season we would in all likelihood win the title with 92 points. Therefore we should enjoy our moment in the sun so to speak.

As the phrase goes it is tough at the top and even harder to stay there. This is what I think many people will be mindful of and aware of. Also in recent times we have had a good start to the season and then fallen away spectacularly to then end up in a relegation battle.

This stat tells me that kind of collapse should be unlikely under Kevin Nolan;

Notts County Manager = P43, W22, D9, L12 Pts 75. (1.74 points a game)

That is play-off form since he joined the club. Do that until the end of the season and we would finish with 85 points which is usually enough for automatic promotion.

The potential is there for this to be a very successful season. We have eight league games until the January transfer window opens. If we can be near 50 points by then, that will be a decision for AH whether to release funds to strengthen the squad for what could be a very exciting second half of the season.

Edit - We've got our first January signing waiting in the wings, a certain Liam Noble.

A.H as already stated on air that they are targetting a striker in January, so the decision to release funds is already made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast