+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: David O'Leary

Redders is a clown Clive, you missed your pills today?

TC has had the lads in for double training..he knows he hasn't got long if results and performances continue to be poor.

Some think he's gone should we lose to Boro..not sure what the answer is but I hope we can turn things round and get back to the early season form where we looked the dogs b0ll0x.

Have to confess to being a little nervous about this one

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    Redders is a clown Clive, you missed your pills today?
    As a manager I fully agree but as part of the youth set up/coaching staff he'd be a good man to have for TC to help him understand the league, town, fans etc. Bit like Andy Hughes has done for Huddersfield and Jurgen Klopps fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    TC has had the lads in for double training..he knows he hasn't got long if results and performances continue to be poor.

Some think he's gone should we lose to Boro..not sure what the answer is but I hope we can turn things round and get back to the early season form where we looked the dogs b0ll0x.

Have to confess to being a little nervous about this one
    Double training + crap results is the quickest way to lose a dressing room I think.

Rather they put the effort in for normal training than have to double up and do 2 half arsed sessions.

Paul Butler was brought to the club to help TC with the transition to English Football and it hasn't been enough, so as I said, someone like redders could come in as a coach for both the first team and youth team and be the link up between them, assisting both the inexperienced Christiansen and Corboran

Pills not required!

A few mitigating facts about the Graham,O'Leary I recall .........
    ........ Just pointing out that Paul Hart 93/97 produced a back bone of kids for George Graham eyes to dismiss and subsequently for O'Leary to utilise with Eddie Grays help, then sadly all went pear shaped not helped by bringing in the vastly experienced Brian Kidds involvement team wise I recall.
    Don't forget from 1999/2001 we lost Radebe,Martyn, Batty,Bridges,Wilcox and others to lingering injuries forcing squad reinforcements being got in ...............
    Recall Eddies young team prior in mid 80's played some great football with kids being given a chance over THREE seasons as did the O'Leary young side - pitching kids in was not the George Graham way whether that be right or wrongs as its history now but losing 'contract wars' with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink made his decision easier to jump ship (personal reasons to be closer to his grandchildren in Hampstead N.London) and join 'spenders' Spurs down the road.
    Great days but past days,great memories but sad memories but today is what matters now.
    MOT

WTF11 - ........Post 6." apart from being an "ambassador" for another team (curious choice, by Arsenal I mean)" .............

So my dear WTF11 - You asked why O'Leary is an Arsenal ambassador ? 722 games (many as captain) for the Gunners over 20 years would appear to be an obvious choice as a club ambassador,IMO.

Hi Mrs O, with regard the young players coming through, I will have to check but I think most of that swathe of talent we had were just that bit too young to make a debut's in Graham's era. Though yes credit to DOL for playing them and Paul Hart's efforts in raising them.

Redfern lol, don't like the bloke, didn't do anything really impressive. There was a divide between the 1st team and the youth team when Warnock was manager. Didn't help any of the managers that followed. The team only really performed when he brought his mate in.

Too me it was like he wanted others to fail so he could get the job and as for what he did for the youth team, pretty sure there were a lot more people involved than just him.

agree Fred, Redders was all about Redders, delusions of grandeur regarding his importance to the club, and when he finally got his "big chance" he looked buffoonlike. Jumped up gym teacher. Give TC some time to get it right, young teams need time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)