+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David O'Leary

David O'Leary

Former Leeds United player and manager has been invited by LUFC owner Andrea Radrizzani to attend some Leeds United games in the near future, rumours are rife that if Thomas Christiansen continues the bad run and we reach 10 losses then he could be sacked and immediately replaced by David O'Leary. These are just rumours but what would people think of this if it became true?

Not sure what he would do with what we have at present, but find it strange that Radrizzani appears to want to install a manager-in-waiting at such a crucial time, not very good man management.

Possibly invited as an advisor to TC. Maybe Radrizzani feels he lacks an understanding of the championship and feels TC could benefit from his experience of the English game. Who knows......

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Possibly invited as an advisor to TC. Maybe Radrizzani feels he lacks an understanding of the championship and feels TC could benefit from his experience of the English game. Who knows......
    Might make sense, if he was someone with contemporary management experience, but when was the last time he managed in the UK, ten years or so ago? And was it ever in the Championship?

Who knows indeed........

Interesting prospect if story true/foundation wise.
    He works as an Arsenal ambassador on certain match day's and gave an interesting quote late last year in the press .....
    ‘I am proud of what we did before. We had some fantastic times at Leeds, playing at some of the biggest stadiums in Europe, and I know I did a good job at Aston Villa. The circumstances were very different. I was more of a continental style coach at Leeds.’

Mmm, he still lives in a village near TA Wetherby (next to Eddie) so .......... his Missus is settled and happy riding about on her string of horses so maybe something in it 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Interesting prospect if story true/foundation wise.
    He works as an Arsenal ambassador on certain match day's and gave an interesting quote late last year in the press .....
    ‘I am proud of what we did before. We had some fantastic times at Leeds, playing at some of the biggest stadiums in Europe, and I know I did a good job at Aston Villa. The circumstances were very different. I was more of a continental style coach at Leeds.’

Mmm, he still lives in a village near TA Wetherby (next to Eddie) so .......... his Missus is settled and happy riding about on her string of horses so maybe something in it ��
    Hopefully not.

A "cuckoo in the nest" won't do anything good for Christiansens psychological state, no matter who it is.

As for O'Leary, he was "successful" at Leeds in terms of the positions we ended up in during his tenure, but with £100m at his disposal, wasn't that likely (not to say guaranteed)? Since Leeds he has achieved little, apart from being an "ambassador" for another team (curious choice, by Arsenal I mean), and hasn't managed in the top flight (or anywhere near) for over a decade. Apart from living close to TA, what has he got to offer?

Best course of action would be to give Christiansen until end of November to turn things around consistently (wins against Boro and Barnsley as a minimum). If he does, give him some real quality via the January transfer window (A Bartley replacement as a minimum) and until end of season to get us stable in a play-off position. If he doesn't do the business in November, get rid before Christmas and get a tried, tested, proven Championship capable replacement, also supported with some quality during the transfer window, same expectation by regular seasons end.

Great memories of the O'Leary years..wonderful team as well and some amazing times but sadly the Woodgate and Bowyer stupidity and the ill titled book that followed and the tragic events in Turkey,it all just left a sour taste in the mouth..add to that the sh1te that followed with Ridsdale putting us on the brink of total collapse as a club..well its the what might have been if some financial common sense had been used..still think to this day we were on the verge of great things had Ridsdale not acted like Ken Dodd on ecstasy.

Both O'Leary and Ridsdale have blamed each other for what happened but for me the buck stops with Ridsdale..I will never forgive him for what he did to us the f*cking fat publicity craving c*nt!!!!

As for O'Leary coming back..interesting..very interesting..especially if we lose the next 2 games.

****in hope not! all that money, all those players at his disposal and still **** ed it up! greedy chunt with his book, he didnt have a scooby when games were going against him either, Ian Harte FFS!
    My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it!

Me too, all that nonsense about "my babies", the lead up to the Cardiff game, happy for the club to keep buying players who seemed to be overpriced and over their best mostly and oversaw a bloated overpaid squad... basically in right place at right time when George Graham left... but gradually managed to feck it up...

if Graham had been given that wedge, we might've been dominant for years.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)