+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: David O'Leary

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    agree Fred, Redders was all about Redders, delusions of grandeur regarding his importance to the club, and when he finally got his "big chance" he looked buffoonlike. Jumped up gym teacher. Give TC some time to get it right, young teams need time.
    Not suggesting we get Redfearn back, but just how much time are you suggesting we give Christiansen?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not suggesting we get Redfearn back, but just how much time are you suggesting we give Christiansen?
    Think that is the question we are all asking to be truthful..not into chopping and changing managers but just how long do you give a manager who seems to have lost his way and keeps making tactical/formation mistakes in games that we are losing?

Relegation form at the moment make no bones about it..lose to Boro and I think his goose is cooked cos we won't get feck all at Wolves or Barnsley in my honest opinion..not being a neg head just realistic given current form.

You just hope something has clicked this last fortnight that will kick start us again.

Here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Hi Mrs O, with regard the young players coming through, I will have to check but I think most of that swathe of talent we had were just that bit too young to make a debut's in Graham's era. Though yes credit to DOL for playing them and Paul Hart's efforts in raising them.
    I made the comment in reference that if GG had stayed around he would have benefited from a talented crop of youngsters as he had Paul Hart knocking on his door stating Woodgates talent should be utilised in the first team squad at that time - not sure how old Woody was then or indeed the others like you but .......
    "The rot set in before O'Leary," "When George Graham arrived [in 1996], Paul Hart was running the club's academy in a way that was far ahead of its time. But Graham refused to go and watch the kids, and Hart resigned." The academy had become a production line capable of producing players such as Jonathan Woodgate, Alan Smith, James Milner and Aaron Lennon. "Graham came in with a brief to get success and when Hart tried to explain that there was already something happening at the club, which had been laid down under Howard Wilkinson, he wasn't interested, and Ridsdale backed him.

Hence my comments WS -

https://www.theguardian.com/football...grayson-fa-cup

As long as we are within single figure points of the playoffs then TC stays, as soon as it's 10 points or more, sack him and all the other foreigners that were hired, Butler becomes caretaker boss for a game or 2 and then we get a coaching team in who knows the division and knows the club

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    As long as we are within single figure points of the playoffs then TC stays, as soon as it's 10 points or more, sack him and all the other foreigners that were hired, Butler becomes caretaker boss for a game or 2 and then we get a coaching team in who knows the division and knows the club
    Bit drastic Clive, how will all the "foreign" players feel, the only other playing staff member who appears not doing his job is Abad, though he can only work with what he has before we can call him A bad keeper coach

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I blame the mid season transfer window, how many coaches are fired with clubs having one eye on the window with a view to making drastic last chance saloon type changes to change the season's fortunes? IŽd personally give him the rest of the season, for better or worse, we wont go down, good teams take time to build, especially young ones, though if i could offer TC advice, id say get back to basics and build from the back as the above mentioned G.Graham did, our defence was great early doors this season, WTF went wrong?

I blame the mid season transfer window, how many coaches are fired with clubs having one eye on the window with a view to making drastic last chance saloon type changes to change the season's fortunes? IŽd personally give him the rest of the season, for better or worse, we wont go down, good teams take time to build, especially young ones, though if i could offer TC advice, id say get back to basics and build from the back as the above mentioned G.Graham did, our defence was great early doors this season, WTF went wrong?
    WTF went wrong BB is a very good question!

Hope TC has re-read his famous 'dossier' during the international break and sussed it all out

Time must be given & time given to the young squad to develop as in the mid 80's & '98.........
    Ages in '98 (GG left Oct '98)Smith & Woodgate 18,Kewell 20,Robinson 19 & Bowyer 21 (Wilko signing in '96) - all available to play but alas like today it's a results business and always a gamble playing young un's but given time .........................

Beg to differ on the "won't go down" assertion. It may not be likely, but if current form persists it's eminently possible, and even if we scraped survival, the squad would be cherry-picked by PL or more successful Championship clubs despite the longer contracts some players have been given.

End-December is my preferred cut off point, with a manager-in-waiting and plans for squad "enhancements. But please not O'Leary.

"with a manager-in-waiting" recipe for disaster.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)