+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer: 'I'd be happy to stay'

I'm not sure 1million would get him gazza. Then again it depends how desperate Ipswich are to sell and how desperate a lower league championship team are to buy....

I read a while back about the amount of money big Mick had spent whilst at Ipswich.and how much he sold the players for . will try n dig it out as it's a very good read

How much his he really worth ??

Yes he’s done really well with us in league 1 but the championship is a totally different level.

Not sure how much tbh.

Going on the past few seasons

QPR paid 3.85 million for luongo
    Forest paid 6 mil for assombalonga
    Everton paid 8 million for lookman
    Bournemouth 3.3 million for Wilson
    Leeds bought roofer for 3 million..
    Meguire to hull 2.8 million
    This is the lesser known players. There's players like luke varney, dele Ali, dwight Gayle. Ect

Thanks for that Cayton.
    If that’s the case we will probably lose him if Ipswich sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    How much his he really worth ??

Yes he’s done really well with us in league 1 but the championship is a totally different level.

Not sure how much tbh.
    If he’s leading goal scorer at start of January 700k would be a bargain. Unfortunately leading goal scorers never come cheap I think most someone’s ever paid for a league 1 top goal scorer was around 2 million.

Usually 3 things determine the price of a striker

1 how many goals he scored
    2 how old he is
    3 How many assists he has made

I can’t see us getting Moore TS won’t pay it I garentee it. Not to mention Ipswich are not gonna sell him anyway

Before the season started Ipswich fans didn't rate him, said Emmanuel was ready for there 1st team. We'd have got him for next to nothing. Proctor getting injured made a big difference. We can only offer what we can. Won't be enough. Go back to our summer targets Doidge or Godden.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Before the season started Ipswich fans didn't rate him, said Emmanuel was ready for there 1st team. We'd have got him for next to nothing. Proctor getting injured made a big difference. We can only offer what we can. Won't be enough. Go back to our summer targets Doidge or Godden.
    Godden has not been getting game time looks like he’s fallen out with his club. Probably doesn’t want a new contract. We may get him for nothing

Doidge seems to be doing ok 16th in top goal scorers I’d say he’s around £300k but is he ready for league 1. Unless we loan him back to forest green for rest of season I don’t think so

If Moore goes back to Ipswich and they put him up for sale, we all know we won't compete to buy him. Disappointing but true.
    As far as a replacement goes I suspect we will only look to get someone in on loan. Paul Warne has already hinted this may be the case.
    I'm not sure that TS has the ambition to push the boat out and really strengthen the team despite insisting we have a top 5 budget.

According to this website he is worth €200k

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kieffe...spieler/275590

Think a club like Wigan or Blackburn will gazump us by a few thousand and pay treble for his salary ie we have no feckin chance. Enjoy him while we can and thank him for the memories when he goes. Our only hope is that some championship club has another league 1
    free goal scoring loanee for us to take till the end of the season. 2 in one season would be a big ask though!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 14-11-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast