+ Visit Newcastle United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Takeover ?

  1. #1

    Takeover ?

    According to one source the takeover by PCP Capital will be completed this week.
    However the Chronicle say a bid is yet to be made by Stavely.

  2. #2
    I believe our club isn't far from changing hands of control. Exciting + nervewrecking times right now!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I believe our club isn't far from changing hands of control. Exciting + nervewrecking times right now!
    My nerves would be wrecked more if I thought we weren't going to be taken over!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    My nerves would be wrecked more if I thought we weren't going to be taken over!
    You're absolutely right there! Thing is we know that Fat Mike is leaving and that is good. What we don't know is if another Fat Mike is coming in. That's nervewrecking to me cause I don't think I could bare another useless, unambitious owner

    To be fair, everything points to the new owner(s) being nothing like Mike Ashley.

  5. #5
    What new owners ???

    We know nothing about them

    we are all hoping

    i was talking to someone on saturday and they think the real cost of buying the toon will be nearer 800 million in the first two seasons

    thats with limited spend on the first team

    this would be down to improving training facilities and back room staff the purchase of the club the purchase of minimal new players and apparently a lot of players re negotiating their current contracts and wages.

    This is why i cant see it being doen this week

    also if rafa has drawn up two lists i would say he isnt to sure either

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    2,064
    As long as we do anything other than jump out of the frying pan and into the fire, I'm all for it and ready for a good old exciting takeover.

    It's about time we had some proper excitement to gnaw on because things were getting a bit stale..

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    What new owners ???

    We know nothing about them

    we are all hoping

    i was talking to someone on saturday and they think the real cost of buying the toon will be nearer 800 million in the first two seasons

    thats with limited spend on the first team

    this would be down to improving training facilities and back room staff the purchase of the club the purchase of minimal new players and apparently a lot of players re negotiating their current contracts and wages.

    This is why i cant see it being doen this week

    also if rafa has drawn up two lists i would say he isnt to sure either
    Every time you whinge about this i swear the number goes up.

    Will it be a billion pounds next week?

    Although you're right in regards Rafa being organised and having two plans, some would call that good management.

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    According to one source the takeover by PCP Capital will be completed this week.
    However the Chronicle say a bid is yet to be made by Stavely.
    Apparently the source is an indonesian one which nobody is really sure where it has come from?

    Assuming you're talking about the Star "exclusive"?

    Hopefully they are right though.

  8. #8
    jammy i havent mentioned figures before

    what he is saying is whoever buys the club will need a huge investment elsewhere besides the player purchases we all know we need

    under ashlys watch and with the way he has done contracts and brought in bulk we are now at a apoint where a lot of players are entering or soon to be entering contract discussions

    with the way the acadamies have been left to rot and the standard of coaches there will eed to be investment there

    this is what the due dilligance would have also looked at

    hence why the person i talked to said he thought the investor would have to earmakr that kind of money

    he doesnt thinkwe are a great investment because of thsi and that whilst we will be plating catch up the top clubs we are trying to catch will have money and resources to pullaway

    would anyone want to buy us invest 800 million plus over tw years to be mid table ????

    we will see

    i hope thye do
    but who ever does
    im not expecting great things

    other than getting rid of ash

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    jammy i havent mentioned figures before

    what he is saying is whoever buys the club will need a huge investment elsewhere besides the player purchases we all know we need

    under ashlys watch and with the way he has done contracts and brought in bulk we are now at a apoint where a lot of players are entering or soon to be entering contract discussions

    with the way the acadamies have been left to rot and the standard of coaches there will eed to be investment there

    this is what the due dilligance would have also looked at

    hence why the person i talked to said he thought the investor would have to earmakr that kind of money

    he doesnt thinkwe are a great investment because of thsi and that whilst we will be plating catch up the top clubs we are trying to catch will have money and resources to pullaway

    would anyone want to buy us invest 800 million plus over tw years to be mid table ????

    we will see

    i hope thye do
    but who ever does
    im not expecting great things

    other than getting rid of ash
    & there sayeth ashley's greatest advocate...... I rest my case & hope that ''plastic pat' does so also..... oh he already has !!!!!!!!!
    Good night Pboro you sooth sayer extraordinaire.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    18,512
    Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    & there sayeth ashley's greatest advocate...... I rest my case & hope that ''plastic pat' does so also..... oh he already has !!!!!!!!!
    Good night Pboro you sooth sayer extraordinaire.
    And what's all of this "plastic" pat about Jacapus. I've never denigrated your user name have I.

  11. #11
    Sorry mate - I worded that incorrectly.I certainly didn't wish to demean you - on the contrary - my fault !!!!!! My sincerest apologies as I meant only to show how childish he is using this terminology - hence the inverted commas.Hope that clears & again my apologies.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    18,512
    Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Sorry mate - I worded that incorrectly.I certainly didn't wish to demean you - on the contrary - my fault !!!!!! My sincerest apologies as I meant only to show how childish he is using this terminology - hence the inverted commas.Hope that clears & again my apologies.
    I understand that now and thanks for the explanation. Perhaps I was a bit slow not noticing the significance of the "-".

  13. #13
    I'll believe we have been taken over when I see the new owner standing on the turf waving a black and white scarf, until then I just don't trust Fat Arse.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    I'll believe we have been taken over when I see the new owner standing on the turf waving a black and white scarf, until then I just don't trust Fat Arse.
    I don't trust him either but i do think any new owner will do proper due diligence like Ashley should of done and that could take quite a while.

    I'm staying positive it'll happen, though i doubt by Christmas.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    18,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I don't trust him either but i do think any new owner will do proper due diligence like Ashley should of done and that could take quite a while.

    I'm staying positive it'll happen, though i doubt by Christmas.
    Due diligence shouldn't take more than a week with a good accountancy firm but that is provided that everything is in proper order and there has been no "naughties" going on.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Due diligence shouldn't take more than a week with a good accountancy firm but that is provided that everything is in proper order and there has been no "naughties" going on.
    Plus a potential court case over monetary issues

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    18,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Plus a potential court case over monetary issues
    Well of course there is that to consider.

    Plus if Ashley told you it was midnight you would need to go outside to check if it was dark.

  18. #18
    due dilligence a wekk
    are you having a phecking laugh

    you would
    A want to look a t he books
    B look at the contarcts of the merchandise you are buying (with the approval of the player0
    c look at any agreements the club has with advertisers and sponsors etc
    if you could do that in a week so be it

    im sure even the club said this could take several weeks /months

    thast before they start negotiating a deal

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    due dilligence a wekk
    are you having a phecking laugh

    you would
    A want to look a t he books
    B look at the contarcts of the merchandise you are buying (with the approval of the player0
    c look at any agreements the club has with advertisers and sponsors etc
    if you could do that in a week so be it

    im sure even the club said this could take several weeks /months

    thast before they start negotiating a deal
    well aye, if you have a one man band looking at everything.

    however a large company with a team of experts could complete it as quickly as they want to by putting extra people in to get through the work

  20. #20
    I don't know where journos get their information from but the Chronicle are saying due diligence is halfway through and should be completed before Xmas,I still think it depends on what offer Amanda puts on the table and how long it will take Ashley to come to an agreement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •