+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Rovers view...

Walking to coach park and Donny fans shouting at a woman and her kid (girl crying)
    Donny fan with blood on his face
    Probs banter from both sides but idiots taking it too far
    Took about 6 officers to get one man down on floor
    Police were no ready but they did sort it out eventually so wasn't sat on coach too long.
    Last edited by millertop; 13-11-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Am I right in thinking roversred Donny had pick of there full squad..
    We played a patched up team with several first team players missing..
    Up to the last 4 week we were playing good football and due to injury/suspension we have chopped n changed players still think we will finish top 6 and with the exception of the top 2 I can't see many more teams better than ourself

No we didn't far from it,like anybody else have big injury issues..Danny Andrew our first choice and only left back is out for the season with a ACL,Our other first choice striker Alfie May is out with a groin strain,our new winger who was our Marquee signing of the summer was diagnosed with a serious muscle wasting disease (no gags) and is out until at least February and Luke McCullough our Northern Irish international midfielder is also out with a knee Injury and has been since pre-season... All of those would probably be first team starters but sadly for us we haven't had short term injury's this year they are all long

Reality for us is nearly half our first team have long injury lay off all of which happened within the first 3 games of the season (apart from May) that have resulted in us going from what probably would have been a pretty decent league 1 team to a bang average one,but we all have our tales of injury woe and you have to get on with what you have...
    Last edited by roversred; 14-11-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Don't think the outcome would have been much different even if both teams had full squads available. It's a derby game, they are rarely good to watch. We both know our respective teams can play better.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Walking to coach park and Donny fans shouting at a woman and her kid (girl crying)
    Donny fan with blood on his face
    Probs banter from both sides but idiots taking it too far
    Took about 6 officers to get one man down on floor
    Police were no ready but they did sort it out eventually so wasn't sat on coach too long.
    I ended up stuck between the two groups of nutters on the Rotherham side of the road with about 5 police in the middle of the road with batons and Donnie fans on the other side of the road. I didn't think it was banter at all, when there was a gap either Donnie or Rotherham tried to cross the road until the police started whacking people again. I did see punches thrown and people hit. I saw the lad with the police kneeling on his back and another lad get absolutely belted by one of the police. I haven't seen anything like that for a long time at football. The last time was Chesterfield away when we lost 5-0, the difference this time was it was all young lads. At Chesterfield it was a group of 50 year old blokes (still living in the 80s) with leather gloves and jackets leading a groups of 16 year old kids. This was all 20 something lads on both sides and not the usual fronting up but knowing the police would intervene. They were prepared to have a scrap.

Eventually I followed a lad with his 2 young kids in Rotherham shirts across the road and merged in with the Donnie fans and got clear of it all. They weren't interested in people in club colours, they were looking for other stone island nutters to have a scrap with.

Well done to the police for keeping them apart, given that they seemed to be unprepared for what happened. Those 5 or 6 police in the middle of the road earned their money.

There is also footage on youtube of Rotherham causing trouble at the train station. Again it looked like the police we not prepared for the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by roversred View Post
    No we didn't far from it,like anybody else have big injury issues..Danny Andrew our first choice and only left back is out for the season with a ACL,Our other first choice striker Alfie May is out with a groin strain,our new winger who was our Marquee signing of the summer was diagnosed with a serious muscle wasting disease (no gags) and is out until at least February and Luke McCullough our Northern Irish international midfielder is also out with a knee Injury and has been since pre-season... All of those would probably be first team starters but sadly for us we haven't had short term injury's this year they are all long

Reality for us is nearly half our first team have long injury lay off all of which happened within the first 3 games of the season (apart from May) that have resulted in us going from what probably would have been a pretty decent league 1 team to a bang average one,but we all have our tales of injury woe and you have to get on with what you have...
    Has Ferguson not brought replacements in for the injured players? If all the injury happened before mid august it's poor management knowing the long term injury's

It's a good point..We did bring Toffolo in on loan but he has been largely a disappointment so far.I think the reality was we spent in the summer on those players and giving Marquis a new deal and the budget at Donny isn't huge,Fergie thought the players we had left could do the job..Our biggest problem is we have the youngest squad in the league with a average age of 24 and that's with Coppinger in the team who will soon be 37,so they have no experience.We compete well enough every week but concede lots of late goals as you saw Sunday.We were 1 up at Rochdale at 90 mins and still lost 2-1

It was always going to be a learning year for us with maybe a play off squeak if we could stay injury free which we haven't so no real panic.Get some of those players back and add a couple and next year we will have higher expectations.This league isn't that good tbh..

Bodes well for the future if you persist with the youngsters. It can only be a good thing
    Have to agree about the league STD. Compared to what we have witnessed over the three previous seasons the footballing STD in league 1 has at times been shocking.
    Rotherham squad compared to last season STD wise is prob about the same. Which says it all really..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12