+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: England u17 v Germany

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Seen this on twitter, official attendance, so why are the club saying 8,700 had been sold? someone's being cheeky methinks...
    I would imagine it's the free tickets given out to Schools counting in the 8700 and "only" 7754 actually going through the gates tonight.....the missing 946 obviously no-shows.
    Very entertaining evening for less than the price of a Pie.
    England centre-half (no 15) my pick of the bunch.
    Solid performance, cut out many dangerous balls into the area with ease....looked very confident going into challenges and composed when playing the ball out of the area.
    Can't wait for the Finals next May......The Ground that hosted the Final in Croatia this year housed 6 or 7 games throughout the Tournament.....Be great for NYS to get the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zip64 View Post
    I would imagine it's the free tickets given out to Schools counting in the 8700 and "only" 7754 actually going through the gates tonight.....the missing 946 obviously no-shows.
    Very entertaining evening for less than the price of a Pie.
    England centre-half (no 15) my pick of the bunch.
    Solid performance, cut out many dangerous balls into the area with ease....looked very confident going into challenges and composed when playing the ball out of the area.
    Can't wait for the Finals next May......The Ground that hosted the Final in Croatia this year housed 6 or 7 games throughout the Tournament.....Be great for NYS to get the same.
    Ah, probably right there Zip, nice one, over 300 i think from my local club, Bramley Sunnyside junior football club. Great for the club and community.

Good entertainment. Solid commitment from both sides.

Both look to have some great youngsters but it’s a ‘will they last the pace and flourish’ time for them.

Some great England players but the motm for me was number 4 with 7 on the right wing and number 3 also putting in great performances.

Very impressed with Germanys number 10 great player.

Very fast paced as would be expected so the tempo kept the fans highly entertained.

Well done to the club for hosting it.

My final words have to be for the groundsmen who was having a duck fit at the German goal keeping coach who was warming up their replacement.

Arms were flying all over the place as the grounds man remonstrated with the German and it didn’t get any better. Grounds man finally blew his top and really let him know ‘No more’ as it was ripping up the goal area. 😄😄😄

Totally understand as we have a big game on Saturday and the last thing we want is a poor playing area.

Apologies......The Croatian Ground that hosted the Final this year had a Semi Final and a Quarter-Final as well, but no Group games......i misread it.
    But would still be a great coup for the NYS to get those 3.

Our (rufc) back 4 ought to be made to watch video of game last night,to show them how easy it is to play ball to feet without panicking,excellent performance from them and i would be more confident in them than our lot even at senior level,agree with Brin both our full backs were excellent and No4 in midfield,thought Germanys 2 centre backs were very good aswell, saw more football played last night than our lot have dished up in last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Our (rufc) back 4 ought to be made to watch video of game last night,to show them how easy it is to play ball to feet without panicking,excellent performance from them and i would be more confident in them than our lot even at senior level,agree with Brin both our full backs were excellent and No4 in midfield,thought Germanys 2 centre backs were very good aswell, saw more football played last night than our lot have dished up in last month.
    Yes for me the England 3, 4 and 15 stood out. The forwards were heavily depending on pace and looked a bit "ten a penny"

Germany number 10 very good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123