+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Graham Spiers

Graham Spiers

After the hatchet job on our new manager and us as supporters by that esteemed football journalist Ben Palmer @BenjyPalmer after Saturday's game (exactly, Ben who?) I was disappointed to see that Spiers (who I normally like reading) has allowed his Inner Sevco and succulent lamb appetite come to the forefront in this article :

László’s tough task
    A dismal 2,048 showed up at Tannadice on Saturday to see Dundee United going down 2-1 to Crusaders in the Challenge Cup. It is a competition United could surely see far enough, with paltry crowds turning up while in the throes of binning Ray McKinnon as manager. On Saturday even the ever-faithful Lorraine Kelly, had to wear a forced smile as she watched the torpor unfold before her.

Prayers are already being said for Csaba László, United’s surprising choice of new manager, and a man who better have a couple of magic wands handy. László must surely have taken in the spectacle and asked himself: “What the hell have I got myself into?”

I hope the first team squad do the business on Sunday and we are United as a support to show how little the media know about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant_Jouster View Post
    After the hatchet job on our new manager and us as supporters by that esteemed football journalist Ben Palmer @BenjyPalmer after Saturday's game (exactly, Ben who?) I was disappointed to see that Spiers (who I normally like reading) has allowed his Inner Sevco and succulent lamb appetite come to the forefront in this article :

László’s tough task
    A dismal 2,048 showed up at Tannadice on Saturday to see Dundee United going down 2-1 to Crusaders in the Challenge Cup. It is a competition United could surely see far enough, with paltry crowds turning up while in the throes of binning Ray McKinnon as manager. On Saturday even the ever-faithful Lorraine Kelly, had to wear a forced smile as she watched the torpor unfold before her.

Prayers are already being said for Csaba László, United’s surprising choice of new manager, and a man who better have a couple of magic wands handy. László must surely have taken in the spectacle and asked himself: “What the hell have I got myself into?”

I hope the first team squad do the business on Sunday and we are United as a support to show how little the media know about anything.
    "watched the torpor unfold...."-- pretentious garbage.

I'd doubt if LK was even there too JA?

Spiers would have been there cos was nothing else on so he came looking for a story on Laszlo's first game. Which he got simply on the strength of us not winning.
    And he makes it sound like the Midlands alliance league on an unplayable rutted pitch. I thought it was a decent game of football with Crusaders doing to us what we did to Linfield.
    Anyway poor journalism Spiers so f off & cover your Zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    To be really honest i don't know what torpor mean's but i'm gonna have a guess at shyte.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    To be really honest i don't know what torpor mean's but i'm gonna have a guess at shyte.
    Don't think he knows either.
    Glasgow Rangers FC 2012 is the best definition.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Don't think he knows either.
    Glasgow Rangers FC 2012 is the best definition.

Naw, coz they actually went from torpor to actual death, albeit the media like to perpetuate the myth they were only ever in a state of torpor!

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    I’m guessing spiers has been called pretentious before 😂

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    lethargic

or in the sense of the prose lethargy

He's a tim btw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)