+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: FAO Albionic....

  1. #1

    FAO Albionic....

    Are you alreeeet mate?

    Haven't seen you post for a while.

    Hope you are doing well.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Are you alreeeet mate?

    Haven't seen you post for a while.

    Hope you are doing well.
    I met him at the Man C game, he was alright then, we were quite busy downing pints prior to the game

  3. #3
    Nice one SB, I haven't posted myself for a while and when looking through some threads I couldn't see his John Wile avatar anywhere.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Nice one SB, I haven't posted myself for a while and when looking through some threads I couldn't see his John Wile avatar anywhere.
    As many of us, he doesn't post as much these days, reads it fairly regularly though, if I'm well informed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,827
    Evening Blood, Iím fine and dandy but cheers for asking fella.

    Havenít posted for a while as Iíve had a few things on the go and to be honest I fancied a break from the echo chamber of doom . I genuinely respect the opinions of others and understand those who want Poooooolis out, but the continued soul searching was just becoming a little monotonous for me.

    John Trewick famously stated that when youíve seen one wall youíve seen them all, well I was beginning to feel similar regarding what I perceive (rightly or wrongly) as the one up man ship of ĎI hate Poooooolis more than youí. To add balance I also thought much of the furore surrounding Alan Irvine was way over the top, a very decent man and coach who was essentially cut off at the knees by the transfer policy and behind the scenes politics of that time. Weíd probably be here all night (again) were we to discuss his apparent worthiness or otherwise for the position in the first instance, so Iíll get back to the topic at hand.

    Many find TPís brand of up and down straight lines football to be stifling, sterile and downright draining and I genuinely understand much of said criticism. Equally I also find it tiresome when posters knock the club as a whole at each and every opportunity, quite often with little or no real justification. If people donít like the style of football, fine, I understand their frustrations. But I have little time or patience for mindless garbage Iíd normally associate with a midlife crisis, a UTI, or in some cases a meltdown more ascribable to a two year old with a wet nappy . Some of the comments which pass for insightful observations regarding what actually occurs during games are frankly laughable.

    I love the Albion far more than I have ever disliked any of our managers or chairmen, but if we stay up we stay up, and if we go down we go down. As long as finance and external commitments allow Iíll be there regardless, willing our team on in the hope of an attack or two or perhaps even a goal. That doesnít mean Iím a happy clapper, have no stomach for getting my hands dirty or that I have a liking for some of the negative slop thatís been served up to us at grounds across the country. It means that this is how I choose to support our team and that my bed sheets are just fine where they are.

    All the very best to you and yours chap and COYB .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Penrhyn Bay, N. Wales
    Posts
    1,383
    Totally agree '68, the only things that would stop me attending on a regular basis are finance, travelling 260 mile round trip and the appointment of Megson as manager, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Baggies_Boy_Tony; 14-11-2017 at 07:44 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Evening Blood, Iím fine and dandy but cheers for asking fella.

    Havenít posted for a while as Iíve had a few things on the go and to be honest I fancied a break from the echo chamber of doom . I genuinely respect the opinions of others and understand those who want Poooooolis out, but the continued soul searching was just becoming a little monotonous for me.

    John Trewick famously stated that when youíve seen one wall youíve seen them all, well I was beginning to feel similar regarding what I perceive (rightly or wrongly) as the one up man ship of ĎI hate Poooooolis more than youí. To add balance I also thought much of the furore surrounding Alan Irvine was way over the top, a very decent man and coach who was essentially cut off at the knees by the transfer policy and behind the scenes politics of that time. Weíd probably be here all night (again) were we to discuss his apparent worthiness or otherwise for the position in the first instance, so Iíll get back to the topic at hand.

    Many find TPís brand of up and down straight lines football to be stifling, sterile and downright draining and I genuinely understand much of said criticism. Equally I also find it tiresome when posters knock the club as a whole at each and every opportunity, quite often with little or no real justification. If people donít like the style of football, fine, I understand their frustrations. But I have little time or patience for mindless garbage Iíd normally associate with a midlife crisis, a UTI, or in some cases a meltdown more ascribable to a two year old with a wet nappy . Some of the comments which pass for insightful observations regarding what actually occurs during games are frankly laughable.

    I love the Albion far more than I have ever disliked any of our managers or chairmen, but if we stay up we stay up, and if we go down we go down. As long as finance and external commitments allow Iíll be there regardless, willing our team on in the hope of an attack or two or perhaps even a goal. That doesnít mean Iím a happy clapper, have no stomach for getting my hands dirty or that I have a liking for some of the negative slop thatís been served up to us at grounds across the country. It means that this is how I choose to support our team and that my bed sheets are just fine where they are.

    All the very best to you and yours chap and COYB .
    Agreed and eloquently put.

    Not happy myself about season so far, but the doom and gloom here is sometimes OTT. And there are quite a few omniscient posters too 😎😜

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Evening Blood, I’m fine and dandy but cheers for asking fella.

    Haven’t posted for a while as I’ve had a few things on the go and to be honest I fancied a break from the echo chamber of doom . I genuinely respect the opinions of others and understand those who want Poooooolis out, but the continued soul searching was just becoming a little monotonous for me.

    John Trewick famously stated that when you’ve seen one wall you’ve seen them all, well I was beginning to feel similar regarding what I perceive (rightly or wrongly) as the one up man ship of ‘I hate Poooooolis more than you’. To add balance I also thought much of the furore surrounding Alan Irvine was way over the top, a very decent man and coach who was essentially cut off at the knees by the transfer policy and behind the scenes politics of that time. We’d probably be here all night (again) were we to discuss his apparent worthiness or otherwise for the position in the first instance, so I’ll get back to the topic at hand.

    Many find TP’s brand of up and down straight lines football to be stifling, sterile and downright draining and I genuinely understand much of said criticism. Equally I also find it tiresome when posters knock the club as a whole at each and every opportunity, quite often with little or no real justification. If people don’t like the style of football, fine, I understand their frustrations. But I have little time or patience for mindless garbage I’d normally associate with a midlife crisis, a UTI, or in some cases a meltdown more ascribable to a two year old with a wet nappy . Some of the comments which pass for insightful observations regarding what actually occurs during games are frankly laughable.

    I love the Albion far more than I have ever disliked any of our managers or chairmen, but if we stay up we stay up, and if we go down we go down. As long as finance and external commitments allow I’ll be there regardless, willing our team on in the hope of an attack or two or perhaps even a goal. That doesn’t mean I’m a happy clapper, have no stomach for getting my hands dirty or that I have a liking for some of the negative slop that’s been served up to us at grounds across the country. It means that this is how I choose to support our team and that my bed sheets are just fine where they are.

    All the very best to you and yours chap and COYB .
    Good to here from you Albionic, I am glad you are well.

    I know exactly what you mean about this forum.

    Like yourself, I too follow the Albion come what may, no matter who is in charge, I don't ever make that conditional on who is and who isn't in charge.

    Some on here want flowing football (who does not) and some like me want wins, if they come with flowing football then that is great.

    Now wins are at a premium those desires for a change are converging.

    But, not to the point of change for change sake, it has to be for the better.

    Unfortunately my first game was in 1987, so I haven't seen the stuff many were accustomed to.

    Until 2001/2002 I watched the darkest period of beloved club's history, with 2 seasons in the thurd tier being particularly bad.

    Then God Megson came and gave me the best times I ever had with the Albion. Times I never thought I would see. Times like when I took the better half to Sunderland away on our 5th wedding Anniversary to see Dyer cross for Koumas to score the winner or Bradford away. He instilled a winning, never say die mentality. He made the shirt something worth fighting for again and not just a last pay cheque for the likes of Phelan and Townsend or a stepping stone for the likes of Kilbane and Goodman.

    So, I don't like the current winless streaks, but the s hit I've seen, including long winless streaks under Buckley and Little, in lower divisions, makes now more tolerable, despite it all hurting like any defeat does.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •