+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Why Pulis cannot be sacked!

  1. #1

    Why Pulis cannot be sacked!

    The comparisons with our current predicament and Blackburn Rovers are quite surprising.

    An owner using our beloved club to peddle his wears in a distant land.

    A fanbase demanding the head of a manager who has provided mid table finishes to date, like Alardyce at Rovers before he was given the boot.

    Our current Chairman was at Blackburn.

    Local rivals who are regular visitors to the thurd division.

    Be careful what you wish for folks, we could be in the thurd division under free flowing mogga in a couple of years time.

    Back not sack, as the alternative is frightening!

    Go back to basics, drop GK and stop the wonder goals our opponents appear to be scoring week after week.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    19,368
    Sorry Pulis has lost his way, it happens with managers. Keeping him will see us relegated, replacing him may see us survive.
    Yes he has provided mid table finishes to date but that is not saying it will continue.

  3. #3
    Brian Clough ultimately took Forest down. If we played good attacking football i could see us winning a few games. But not by playing 5 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and giving opponents 70% of the possession.
    If you don't attack you don't win.
    We have probably the best squad ever at this level, yet he continues to leave the creative players out of it.

  4. #4
    Possession counts for nothing...how many more times do I have to say this? We have to back Tony Pulis for now. He will keep us up, however the russian roulette mindset of going for a a manager mid season to change everything is not right. It would take us months to adapt. We will change our manager at some point but dont give our competitors a lift by throwing us in disarray. He will turn it round I have no doubt.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    The comparisons with our current predicament and Blackburn Rovers are quite surprising.

    An owner using our beloved club to peddle his wears in a distant land.

    A fanbase demanding the head of a manager who has provided mid table finishes to date, like Alardyce at Rovers before he was given the boot.

    Our current Chairman was at Blackburn.

    Local rivals who are regular visitors to the thurd division.

    Be careful what you wish for folks, we could be in the thurd division under free flowing mogga in a couple of years time.

    Back not sack, as the alternative is frightening!

    Go back to basics, drop GK and stop the wonder goals our opponents appear to be scoring week after week.
    "Be careful what you wish for" and there we have it. THE statement to counteract every arguement to get rid of him. Ridiculous statement and a ridiculous arguement.
    I notice you didn't add in the fact that Blackburn won the league in your comparison.

    Why should I be careful what I wish for?

    I didn't wish for cowards football, three wins in twenty odd games, six goals at home since March, a club record run of scoreless games.

    I wish him gone whatever the consequences.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Possession counts for nothing...how many more times do I have to say this? We have to back Tony Pulis for now. He will keep us up, however the russian roulette mindset of going for a a manager mid season to change everything is not right. It would take us months to adapt. We will change our manager at some point but dont give our competitors a lift by throwing us in disarray. He will turn it round I have no doubt.
    Does not scoring goals or not keeping clean sheets, count for anything?

  7. #7
    I'm sick of hearing I should be frightened of the alternatives to TP!

    Saturday's match has a 50/50 chance of being the third consecutive home match I can't be a r s e d to go to,that'll be a first for me.

    There has to be something fundamentally wrong when a football lover like me can find it so easy to stay away.

    I want to see Burke,Phillips and Chadli let off the leash and the Pole played further forward in midfield for starters.

    I may travel to B71 on Saturday and await the line up before deciding whether to enter or not.

    It shouldn't be like this BB.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    The comparisons with our current predicament and Blackburn Rovers are quite surprising.

    An owner using our beloved club to peddle his wears in a distant land.

    A fanbase demanding the head of a manager who has provided mid table finishes to date, like Alardyce at Rovers before he was given the boot.

    Our current Chairman was at Blackburn.

    Local rivals who are regular visitors to the thurd division.

    Be careful what you wish for folks, we could be in the thurd division under free flowing mogga in a couple of years time.

    Back not sack, as the alternative is frightening!

    Go back to basics, drop GK and stop the wonder goals our opponents appear to be scoring week after week.

    You will think I have lost it! Put 100 quid on a West Brom win on Saturday and would not surprise me, if it happens. We are West Brom after all, and nothing will surprise you. Pulis will know he dare not lose even with it being Chelsea!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    "Be careful what you wish for" and there we have it. THE statement to counteract every arguement to get rid of him. Ridiculous statement and a ridiculous arguement.
    I notice you didn't add in the fact that Blackburn won the league in your comparison.

    Why should I be careful what I wish for?

    I didn't wish for cowards football, three wins in twenty odd games, six goals at home since March, a club record run of scoreless games.

    I wish him gone whatever the consequences.
    Sorry I forgot Alardyce's successor won the prem and then the descent started.

    Oh, one second, that didn't happen.

    Chill out dude, fan club badge gone missing in the post or something.

    I have my opinion, you have yours.

    BTW mickd I would not expect a lot of Burke, from what I have seen, he is not ready.

  10. #10
    I am glad I am not the Chairman because I don’t honestly know what I would do at the moment.

    I start from the premise that I don’t like to see the Manager sacked mid season and especially not after backing him by investing in new players in the summer. That said the results have not been good enough for sometime now. As Chairman I don’t mind poor performances as long as we get the points on the board and we protect the PL income.

    The question is would I have a better chance of staying up by changing the Manager now. Honestly don’t know the answer at the moment so would probably do nothing and see how it goes for now. However I can see that this could be the wrong thing to do if we don’t start winning soon as changing Manager around Christmas may be too late.

    Tricky and in the too difficult to do box for me which probably explains why I would never make a great Chairman even if I did have the money and opportunity.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You will think I have lost it! Put 100 quid on a West Brom win on Saturday and would not surprise me, if it happens. We are West Brom after all, and nothing will surprise you. Pulis will know he dare not lose even with it being Chelsea!
    I got a tenner says you don't put 100 quid on us to win. You can post a picture of the betting slip.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Sorry I forgot Alardyce's successor won the prem and then the descent started.

    Oh, one second, that didn't happen.

    Chill out dude, fan club badge gone missing in the post or something.

    I have my opinion, you have yours.

    BTW mickd I would not expect a lot of Burke, from what I have seen, he is not ready.
    What's with the badge dig?
    Chill out dude? I'm 48 years old not 10 or American.

  13. #13
    Indeed it is a difficult decision, but I think changing the manager now leads to a vile situation where we are reliant on a unknown quantity like they were.

    I am no longer 100% behind TP, as the results have gone and him sunning himself last week whilst I was still gutted at the defeat p Issed me off no end.

    The outstanding candidate went to Watford in the summer.

    Blanc and managers at his level are pie in the sky.

    Only viable candidate is fat Sam, and he's like tp.

    Still hope results improve under him, as I don't want him gone whatever that leads to.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    19,368
    It's not just the results though BB. The team selection, the "tactics", the excuses, all come from a man who has lost his way.
    if we sack him we may go down, if we don't sack him we will go down.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    It's not just the results though BB. The team selection, the "tactics", the excuses, all come from a man who has lost his way.
    if we sack him we may go down, if we don't sack him we will go down.
    To be fair, the safer option is probably to stick with him until Xmas at least. If he wasn't our manager, he's the sort of person we would turn to. So I understand the boards decision in that respect. But lets say we finish 15th or 16th and stay up. Then what, more of the same next season? I think he needs to go unless he changes his team setup and mindset, which I can't see happening.

    I'm not asking for us to play like Barcelona, just to have a go at teams outside the top 6/7.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Indeed it is a difficult decision, but I think changing the manager now leads to a vile situation where we are reliant on a unknown quantity like they were.

    I am no longer 100% behind TP, as the results have gone and him sunning himself last week whilst I was still gutted at the defeat p Issed me off no end.

    The outstanding candidate went to Watford in the summer.

    Blanc and managers at his level are pie in the sky.

    Only viable candidate is fat Sam, and he's like tp.

    Still hope results improve under him, as I don't want him gone whatever that leads to.
    interesting you say Marco Silva was the ideal candidate. But was he the ideal candidate in summer after he had just took a team down?
    The point being Watford showed an ambition to progress and took a chance. We are banding names around like Allardyce which i agree with you on it's just like for like.
    It's time to twist now for us and take a chance. Even from the business perspective keeping him makes no sense. It's loyal customer base does not want to buy what the club are producing anymore. Give the new guy whoever he may be the time to asses what he has got before the transfer window opens.
    The cold hard fact is the club is in a worse state now than when Irvine was in charge. If we have better players then it is in the manager's fault that this the case.
    How bad does it have to be that people are calling for James McClean to start

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You will think I have lost it! Put 100 quid on a West Brom win on Saturday and would not surprise me, if it happens. We are West Brom after all, and nothing will surprise you. Pulis will know he dare not lose even with it being Chelsea!
    Al mate you've lost it 😂

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    "Be careful what you wish for" and there we have it. THE statement to counteract every arguement to get rid of him. Ridiculous statement and a ridiculous arguement.
    I notice you didn't add in the fact that Blackburn won the league in your comparison.

    Why should I be careful what I wish for?

    I didn't wish for cowards football, three wins in twenty odd games, six goals at home since March, a club record run of scoreless games.

    I wish him gone whatever the consequences.
    Couldn't agree more Whicka...my sentiments precisely....

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Possession counts for nothing...how many more times do I have to say this? We have to back Tony Pulis for now. He will keep us up, however the russian roulette mindset of going for a a manager mid season to change everything is not right. It would take us months to adapt. We will change our manager at some point but dont give our competitors a lift by throwing us in disarray. He will turn it round I have no doubt.
    Sorry but what total and utter tripe, the guy is a dinasour of epic proportions who hasn't an attacking bone in his body, give him a squad of mediocre players who work aaaard and he will succeed, give him a squad of higher quality players with skill and guile and he is totally out of his depth. Pulis should be no where near any younger players either because he knocks any skill they have out of them, also he obviously distrusts younger players, instead of coaching them he bombs them out. I for one can't wait until this so called coach is well and truly out of our club, a coach who is sucking the life blood out of the club and it's fantastic supporters.

  20. #20
    If there is to be change, it has to be for the better not for the sake of it because you don't the bloke.

    Maybe i'm being naive but we are only 3 points behind where were last season so he could still salvage something this season.

    Why i'm so against change now is that if the next person fails there is no time for anyone else to save us.

    If change happens straight after the completion of this season then if the next man fails, we still have time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •