+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why Pulis cannot be sacked!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Totally missed my point. Possession counts for nothing. Leicester won the league with 38% on average. Its what you do when you have the ball that counts. No good having 70% possession and losing a match, happens a lot. So I would say that penetration rules over possession.
    I didn't muss your point and you wasn't talking about Leicester. You qualified your point by saying Pulis will keep us up. You are now using Leicester because it suits your agenda. They were the exception not the norm. We are not Leicester they counter attacked with pace and they scored goals. We do neither. He will not keep us up.
    If you give the opposition 60-70% of the ball every game the chances are you won't win many of your games.

What I dont want to see are comments like this if we change managers and go down.
    "Should have kept Pulis, at least he'd have kept us up"
    "Cant believe we went down and wolves came up, should have kept Pulis, wish we had now"
    Unfortunatelly thats exactly what will happen if Pulis goes and we are nothing short of very lucky that a new manager hits the ground running. Look at the likes of Benitez....couldnt keep Newcastle up could he? we would all say he was a better manager than Pulis. Be careful what you wish for.
    What???
    Totally hypothetical post. What happens if we do go down with him? What would they say then.
    Oh and Shakespeare kept Leicester up. Allardyce kept Palace up,, Clement kept Swansea up need I go on?

What I dont want to see are comments like this if we change managers and go down.
    "Should have kept Pulis, at least he'd have kept us up"
    "Cant believe we went down and wolves came up, should have kept Pulis, wish we had now"
    Unfortunatelly thats exactly what will happen if Pulis goes and we are nothing short of very lucky that a new manager hits the ground running. Look at the likes of Benitez....couldnt keep Newcastle up could he? we would all say he was a better manager than Pulis. Be careful what you wish for.
    On a more serious note than my flippant penetration joke...Benitez just didn't have the time to keep Newcastle up and if we don't take the decision quickly we are heading for exactly the same scenario.

When managers get criticism from press and supporters alike, the players usually come to their support and say they will turn it around.
    Their silence has been deafening.

What is Pulis doing to give anyone the impression that he is the man to keep us up?
    He has saved clubs in the past. I can't see him pulling it off this time with us. We need to change, and need to do it now. The board saw the problems with Irvine and acted. Pulis has a worse record than Irvine did at this stage of the season. Add the second half of last season and his record for that period must be the worst we've done in over 30 years. His way of addressing this is to get more and more defensive. It's quite obvious it's not working. The players who can lead a counter attack and put pressure on opponents like Leicester did, aren't being selected.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    When managers get criticism from press and supporters alike, the players usually come to their support and say they will turn it around.
    Their silence has been deafening.
    Good point.
    He has come now and said Chadli is only 60% fit. Absolute rubbish everyone knew before a ball was kicked this season he would be bombed out and the reason why.
    I do think the none selection of Brunt and Phillips has nothing to do with football.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    What is Pulis doing to give anyone the impression that he is the man to keep us up?
    He has saved clubs in the past. I can't see him pulling it off this time with us. We need to change, and need to do it now. The board saw the problems with Irvine and acted. Pulis has a worse record than Irvine did at this stage of the season. Add the second half of last season and his record for that period must be the worst we've done in over 30 years. His way of addressing this is to get more and more defensive. It's quite obvious it's not working. The players who can lead a counter attack and put pressure on opponents like Leicester did, aren't being selected.
    I think the problem is that he actually doesn't think he is doing anything wrong. Hence the reason nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Good point.
    He has come now and said Chadli is only 60% fit. Absolute rubbish everyone knew before a ball was kicked this season he would be bombed out and the reason why.
    I do think the none selection of Brunt and Phillips has nothing to do with football.
    Out for the foreseeable future having torn a muscle during training yesterday.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2017/nove...r-chadli-blow/

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I didn't muss your point and you wasn't talking about Leicester. You qualified your point by saying Pulis will keep us up. You are now using Leicester because it suits your agenda. They were the exception not the norm. We are not Leicester they counter attacked with pace and they scored goals. We do neither. He will not keep us up.
    If you give the opposition 60-70% of the ball every game the chances are you won't win many of your games.
    lol, STILL missing my point. Nice to see that you agree with me that penetration beats posession as in Leicesters case.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Out for the foreseeable future having torn a muscle during training yesterday.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2017/nove...r-chadli-blow/
    I saw that mate. Sorry Tone it appears you were telling the truth THIS WEEK.
    Still doesn't explain the comments about Chadli being on the naughty step and having to give him a big hug.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)