+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Pulis cannot be sacked!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You will think I have lost it! Put 100 quid on a West Brom win on Saturday and would not surprise me, if it happens. We are West Brom after all, and nothing will surprise you. Pulis will know he dare not lose even with it being Chelsea!
    I got a tenner says you don't put 100 quid on us to win. You can post a picture of the betting slip.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Sorry I forgot Alardyce's successor won the prem and then the descent started.

Oh, one second, that didn't happen.

Chill out dude, fan club badge gone missing in the post or something.

I have my opinion, you have yours.

BTW mickd I would not expect a lot of Burke, from what I have seen, he is not ready.
    What's with the badge dig?
    Chill out dude? I'm 48 years old not 10 or American.

Indeed it is a difficult decision, but I think changing the manager now leads to a vile situation where we are reliant on a unknown quantity like they were.

I am no longer 100% behind TP, as the results have gone and him sunning himself last week whilst I was still gutted at the defeat p Issed me off no end.

The outstanding candidate went to Watford in the summer.

Blanc and managers at his level are pie in the sky.

Only viable candidate is fat Sam, and he's like tp.

Still hope results improve under him, as I don't want him gone whatever that leads to.

It's not just the results though BB. The team selection, the "tactics", the excuses, all come from a man who has lost his way.
    if we sack him we may go down, if we don't sack him we will go down.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    It's not just the results though BB. The team selection, the "tactics", the excuses, all come from a man who has lost his way.
    if we sack him we may go down, if we don't sack him we will go down.
    To be fair, the safer option is probably to stick with him until Xmas at least. If he wasn't our manager, he's the sort of person we would turn to. So I understand the boards decision in that respect. But lets say we finish 15th or 16th and stay up. Then what, more of the same next season? I think he needs to go unless he changes his team setup and mindset, which I can't see happening.

I'm not asking for us to play like Barcelona, just to have a go at teams outside the top 6/7.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Indeed it is a difficult decision, but I think changing the manager now leads to a vile situation where we are reliant on a unknown quantity like they were.

I am no longer 100% behind TP, as the results have gone and him sunning himself last week whilst I was still gutted at the defeat p Issed me off no end.

The outstanding candidate went to Watford in the summer.

Blanc and managers at his level are pie in the sky.

Only viable candidate is fat Sam, and he's like tp.

Still hope results improve under him, as I don't want him gone whatever that leads to.
    interesting you say Marco Silva was the ideal candidate. But was he the ideal candidate in summer after he had just took a team down?
    The point being Watford showed an ambition to progress and took a chance. We are banding names around like Allardyce which i agree with you on it's just like for like.
    It's time to twist now for us and take a chance. Even from the business perspective keeping him makes no sense. It's loyal customer base does not want to buy what the club are producing anymore. Give the new guy whoever he may be the time to asses what he has got before the transfer window opens.
    The cold hard fact is the club is in a worse state now than when Irvine was in charge. If we have better players then it is in the manager's fault that this the case.
    How bad does it have to be that people are calling for James McClean to start

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You will think I have lost it! Put 100 quid on a West Brom win on Saturday and would not surprise me, if it happens. We are West Brom after all, and nothing will surprise you. Pulis will know he dare not lose even with it being Chelsea!
    Al mate you've lost it 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    "Be careful what you wish for" and there we have it. THE statement to counteract every arguement to get rid of him. Ridiculous statement and a ridiculous arguement.
    I notice you didn't add in the fact that Blackburn won the league in your comparison.

Why should I be careful what I wish for?

I didn't wish for cowards football, three wins in twenty odd games, six goals at home since March, a club record run of scoreless games.

I wish him gone whatever the consequences.
    Couldn't agree more Whicka...my sentiments precisely....

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Possession counts for nothing...how many more times do I have to say this? We have to back Tony Pulis for now. He will keep us up, however the russian roulette mindset of going for a a manager mid season to change everything is not right. It would take us months to adapt. We will change our manager at some point but dont give our competitors a lift by throwing us in disarray. He will turn it round I have no doubt.
    Sorry but what total and utter tripe, the guy is a dinasour of epic proportions who hasn't an attacking bone in his body, give him a squad of mediocre players who work aaaard and he will succeed, give him a squad of higher quality players with skill and guile and he is totally out of his depth. Pulis should be no where near any younger players either because he knocks any skill they have out of them, also he obviously distrusts younger players, instead of coaching them he bombs them out. I for one can't wait until this so called coach is well and truly out of our club, a coach who is sucking the life blood out of the club and it's fantastic supporters.

If there is to be change, it has to be for the better not for the sake of it because you don't the bloke.

Maybe i'm being naive but we are only 3 points behind where were last season so he could still salvage something this season.

Why i'm so against change now is that if the next person fails there is no time for anyone else to save us.

If change happens straight after the completion of this season then if the next man fails, we still have time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)