+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Pulis cannot be sacked!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why Pulis cannot be sacked!

The comparisons with our current predicament and Blackburn Rovers are quite surprising.

An owner using our beloved club to peddle his wears in a distant land.

A fanbase demanding the head of a manager who has provided mid table finishes to date, like Alardyce at Rovers before he was given the boot.

Our current Chairman was at Blackburn.

Local rivals who are regular visitors to the thurd division.

Be careful what you wish for folks, we could be in the thurd division under free flowing mogga in a couple of years time.

Back not sack, as the alternative is frightening!

Go back to basics, drop GK and stop the wonder goals our opponents appear to be scoring week after week.

Sorry Pulis has lost his way, it happens with managers. Keeping him will see us relegated, replacing him may see us survive.
    Yes he has provided mid table finishes to date but that is not saying it will continue.

Brian Clough ultimately took Forest down. If we played good attacking football i could see us winning a few games. But not by playing 5 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and giving opponents 70% of the possession.
    If you don't attack you don't win.
    We have probably the best squad ever at this level, yet he continues to leave the creative players out of it.

Possession counts for nothing...how many more times do I have to say this? We have to back Tony Pulis for now. He will keep us up, however the russian roulette mindset of going for a a manager mid season to change everything is not right. It would take us months to adapt. We will change our manager at some point but dont give our competitors a lift by throwing us in disarray. He will turn it round I have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Possession counts for nothing...how many more times do I have to say this? We have to back Tony Pulis for now. He will keep us up, however the russian roulette mindset of going for a a manager mid season to change everything is not right. It would take us months to adapt. We will change our manager at some point but dont give our competitors a lift by throwing us in disarray. He will turn it round I have no doubt.
    Sorry but what total and utter tripe, the guy is a dinasour of epic proportions who hasn't an attacking bone in his body, give him a squad of mediocre players who work aaaard and he will succeed, give him a squad of higher quality players with skill and guile and he is totally out of his depth. Pulis should be no where near any younger players either because he knocks any skill they have out of them, also he obviously distrusts younger players, instead of coaching them he bombs them out. I for one can't wait until this so called coach is well and truly out of our club, a coach who is sucking the life blood out of the club and it's fantastic supporters.

If there is to be change, it has to be for the better not for the sake of it because you don't the bloke.

Maybe i'm being naive but we are only 3 points behind where were last season so he could still salvage something this season.

Why i'm so against change now is that if the next person fails there is no time for anyone else to save us.

If change happens straight after the completion of this season then if the next man fails, we still have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Sorry but what total and utter tripe, the guy is a dinasour of epic proportions who hasn't an attacking bone in his body, give him a squad of mediocre players who work aaaard and he will succeed, give him a squad of higher quality players with skill and guile and he is totally out of his depth. Pulis should be no where near any younger players either because he knocks any skill they have out of them, also he obviously distrusts younger players, instead of coaching them he bombs them out. I for one can't wait until this so called coach is well and truly out of our club, a coach who is sucking the life blood out of the club and it's fantastic supporters.
    Massive "LIKE"

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    😳😳

Pretty well my opinion boingy buddy.
    Like most fans, I am disappointed, particularly given the quality of our squad. Having said that, I am reluctant to subscribe to a 'Pulis out' campaign without a suitable replacement candidate. Maybe the coach/manager selection panel have such a suitable guy waiting in the sidelines ?
    I'm not so sure !

I find it interesting that the bookies, who often get these things right, we’re offering 20/1 TP to be the next Manager to move on just before Bilic was sacked but he is now 2/1 second favourite after the Watford Manager, who I presume they feel will shortly be going to Everton.
    On that basis I am with you Prando, I just hope our recruitment team have someone lined up quickly as a replacement but not confident on that one at all. Just look at the problems Everton are encountering in replacing Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    ����

Pretty well my opinion boingy buddy.
    Like most fans, I am disappointed, particularly given the quality of our squad. Having said that, I am reluctant to subscribe to a 'Pulis out' campaign without a suitable replacement candidate. Maybe the coach/manager selection panel have such a suitable guy waiting in the sidelines ?
    I'm not so sure !
    A lot of things disapoint me too Prando, If I could go back to the days when Willie johnston got me out of my seat almost with every touch but we arent at that point right now and I dont rate many managers these days, but I do rate Pulis for keeping clubs up. I do want to see us kick on at some point but mid season changes are wrought with difficulties and even top managers have struggled to produce what the fans want. Its always harder than it looks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)