+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Italy v Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Your not the bloke who sits behind me in the Pavis stand are you driller , he shouts for everything and swears blind Stead is fouled every time he goes up !
    Ahah, no no!

Well done Sweden you have made my flipping day, month and the next two years....At last I can laugh and smirk after years (50ish) of torment and ridicule at hands of the Italian side of my family (wife is Italian) Cannot wait to go over to Sorrento at Christmas oh deep joy, oh viva Abba, The Winner Takes it All.... mind Mrs W is not best pleased, think I'm in the spare room to-night

Who is "Spazzatura" now my Italian brothers....

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Well done Sweden you have made my flipping day, month and the next two years....At last I can laugh and smirk after years (50ish) of torment and ridicule at hands of the Italian side of my family (wife is Italian) Cannot wait to go over to Sorrento at Christmas oh deep joy, oh viva Abba, The Winner Takes it All.... mind Mrs W is not best pleased, think I'm in the spare room to-night

Who is "Spazzatura" now my Italian brothers....
    And you have bragging rights in the European Cup too, assuming some support Napoli! Happy times.

I did actually feel sorry for the Italians , for about 2 seconds ! It does however show how difficult it is in some parts of the world to qualify compared to others , Spain being in their group didn't help and how the hell the USA didn't qualify is beyond me , it looked harder not to given the group they had !

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    And you have bragging rights in the European Cup too, assuming some support Napoli! Happy times.
    Yes Old pie Mrs W brothers do support Napoli and when I'm over there I do go to the games with them...Her late dad though supported Sorrento Calcio who have had more of a checked past than Notts, they went bankrupt a couple of years ago but reformed and now play in the Eeccellenza Region division in the southern part of Italy.

Two of the brothers did come over for the Man City v Napoli match in October and stayed with us for a few days...I took them to the Notts v Barnet game, to say they were underwhelmed is putting it lightly ... They don't like or understand the black and white connection with that other far better Italian team that play in B&W... But who gives a shyte what they think.

Two of the brothers did come over for the Man City v Napoli match in October and stayed with us for a few days...I took them to the Notts v Barnet game, to say they were underwhelmed is putting it lightly ... They don't like or understand the black and white connection with that other far better Italian team that play in B&W... But who gives a shyte what they think.
    Clearly a lack of appreciation of the fundamentals and history of football

Yes Old pie Mrs W brothers do support Napoli and when I'm over there I do go to the games with them...Her late dad though supported Sorrento Calcio who have had more of a checked past than Notts, they went bankrupt a couple of years ago but reformed and now play in the Eeccellenza Region division in the southern part of Italy.

Something I like about that part of Italy is that they tend to support their local team (even when they were struggling ) and not Juve, Inter and Milan like everywhere else. Apart from Rome There aren't many parts of Italy where that happens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123