+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: News

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    I'd forgotten that you can't post on here unless you've Karl Marx tattoed on your eyelids. Sorry
    Yes you can red flagged, I haven’t .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    The council see the development potential of the land also
    Do we know what the council's position is? Is it trying to get a better price from Mr Lee, or does it want to hold on to its asset until some time in the future when the valuation will have increased, or does it want to split up its asset, i.e. hang on to the stadium, but sell off some other bits?

I'm not exactly in the same camp as SB, I've no reason to think that the new owners will stitch us up, but I'd just feel happier if the council retained some kind of custodian role. At least as far as the stadium itself goes.

I'll be happy when it's wrapped up because we're about to lose a decent coach on the strength of it.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Yes you can red flagged, I haven’t .
    Thank you ESR, I'll try to be a bit less inflammatory in future,

[QUOTE=red flagged;38704633]
    Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post

Colliers, no one is saying the people of Barnsley are stupid. I'm merely saying that a- Barnsley council will act in the best interests of Barnsley Council without fear of any electoral back lash and b- many people in Barnsley will vote labour without really knowing who or what they are voting for. They vote merely on the basis that Labour are for the common man with little or no research.
    I'd just end by saying that I didn't vote for any party last time around as there's little to choose between them, I'd never vote for an IRA sympathiser on over 100k a year with 1.5 million in his pension pot funded by me and thee, who professes to be "for the many" . They're all the same nip, don't believe what The Guardian tells you.
    Another Like

I dont get why some people think Sunderland is an opportunity for him? Their owner has effectively disowned the club by making it known he wants to sell and wont invest money into it. Their team is aged, over paid, disjointed and going nowhere.
    I do understand its a payday but he strikes me as a fellow who wants ob satisfaction/success over money.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    I dont get why some people think Sunderland is an opportunity for him? Their owner has effectively disowned the club by making it known he wants to sell and wont invest money into it. Their team is aged, over paid, disjointed and going nowhere.
    I do understand its a payday but he strikes me as a fellow who wants ob satisfaction/success over money.
    Well said IK311.
    On top of this, now listen carefully.............SUNDERLAND CAN'T AFFORD HIM, THEY HAVE NO MONEY!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123