+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News

I 'erd in chipoyle queue that Mister Lee can't be arsed wi us any mooar nar that Blackpooil is up fo sale. It would suit his Venture Capitalist Company better cos

! They'd be dealing wi one owner instead of the legal complexities of Cryne plus Barnsley Council.

2 There is already one hotel on site as part of the ground and a huge potential to buy or build new hotels in the area.

3 Leisure facilities already exist in the area and he could add to them

4 A strong gambling culture/infrastructure in the town to attract Chinese tourists

5 Cheap labour looking for employment

6 Seaside location

If aar wo thee Chien, me old mucker, ad drop this Barnsley carry on and get thi lads ovva to Bloomfield Rooad to get things moving. Tha knows it meks sense.

It's cheered me up no end. We could still dodge the bullet.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-11-2017 at 09:22 AM.

[QUOTE=upthecolliers;38704305]
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    no he's a 100% correct but in this case its nowt to do with this topic but wot i will say is when the brown envelopes are a bit beefier to look at then the deal will go thru.[/QUOTE

After spoiling a good thread you Yorkshireborn and Red Flagged are as good as saying the people of Barnsley are stupid for voting Labour well does that mean all South Yorkshire are stupid then, as its all Red, not one of your Tory's to be seen.

Totally agree Mr C

I wouldn't trust Barnsley council to stir my tea reyt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    I wouldn't trust Barnsley council to stir my tea reyt.

I think you'll find they stir it to the left

The Council bought its piece of the club for a good reason. IMHO that reason still holds good today and I'd feel more comfortable knowing that the Council was still involved. Love em or hate em, when it comes to Oakwell they're looking after a community asset and something we all hold dear. It's not as if anybody at the Town Hall makes any footballing decisions, so what difference does it make to Mr Lee if they won't sell? What's he wanting to do that they wouldn't be happy about?

Correct Goats.

Summats not reyt here. Thuzza nasty smell.

What is it that Mister Lee is wanting to do that is causing the Council possibly not wanting to sell ? Stick to your guns Council. Three cheers fo you and dun't let Mister Lee pillock thi like he has done with many fans. There is hope yet that we can dodge this bullet and he buggas off to Blackpooil.

The council see the development potential of the land also

no he's a 100% correct but in this case its nowt to do with this topic but wot i will say is when the brown envelopes are a bit beefier to look at then the deal will go thru.[/QUOTE

After spoiling a good thread you Yorkshireborn and Red Flagged are as good as saying the people of Barnsley are stupid for voting Labour well does that mean all South Yorkshire are stupid then, as its all Red, not one of your Tory's to be seen.
    ofcourse your going to disagree you lefties couldn't agree to disagree but you lot have to blame the TORIES cos its the tories.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Here we go, there's always one who spoils a good thread by talking ballox.
    I apologise Colliers if you think me expressing an opinion of Barnsley Council and some of it's voters ruined the thread. It's just that as the actions of Barnsley Council could be fundamental in the future prosperity of our football club, and as other posters had already mentioned them it was ok to post my two pennerth. I'd forgotten that you can't post on here unless you've Karl Marx tattoed on your eyelids. Sorry

Colliers, no one is saying the people of Barnsley are stupid. I'm merely saying that a- Barnsley council will act in the best interests of Barnsley Council without fear of any electoral back lash and b- many people in Barnsley will vote labour without really knowing who or what they are voting for. They vote merely on the basis that Labour are for the common man with little or no research.
    I'd just end by saying that I didn't vote for any party last time around as there's little to choose between them, I'd never vote for an IRA sympathiser on over 100k a year with 1.5 million in his pension pot funded by me and thee, who professes to be "for the many" . They're all the same nip, don't believe what The Guardian tells you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast