+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas lights

Christmas lights

just had a row with me neighbour
    now i know there is a distance between his and my house but i noticed the sad kunt was putting lights on his roof and garage and hedgwways over the weekend

he then came round and told me he is ahving a light switching on party and would i like to attend

would i pheck you stupid twot i said

xmas is ages away

lights should go on a coupek of weeks before xmas

or when sunderland are relegated
    which ever comes soonest

who the pheck puts xmas lights on before december for phik sake

It's not like you to be so argumentative. Maybe you don't like the christmas spirit at all.
    As for the relegation, I think it won't be until February at the earliest.

I'm actually with you on the Christmas lights thing, tbh. The Golf shop on the Great North Road had a billion lights and a big fuck off tree last week, man!!

Oh and, I don't think they'll go down, unfortunately.

Fully with you on the lights thing as well.

Really ****s me off when i see people putting them up already, or the shop decorations etc.

There is one house near me that does a brilliant halloween set of lights then Xmas up straight after - it's beginning of November for Christ sake.

It's been Christmas here (Canada) for a couple of weeks now, what drives me crazy is not so much the lights but the mind numbing Christmas music in the stores, think I'd do myself in if I had to work in them all day. Two weeks before Christmas is acceptable. Funny thing is, over here come Boxing day everybody dumps their "live" Christmas trees at the street for the garbage men to pick up. What ever happened to the 12 days of Christmas ?

Fenwick's window opened last week and the lights go on on Northumberland Street and the rest of Town tomorrow.

Gonna ignore it all until December 1st....but then it's game on!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Fenwick's window opened last week and the lights go on on Northumberland Street and the rest of Town tomorrow.

Gonna ignore it all until December 1st....but then it's game on!
    eeh I know. December the 1st - the very bestest day of the whole year

ps my lights are going up a day late this year - because our area is having an advent window trail. and our house is number 2

so 2nd december it is !!
    Last edited by toonlegend; 13-11-2017 at 10:05 PM.

i always watch Elf on December 1st, then get the decorations out if the loft, then go to B and Q to buy a tree while Mrs Mick sorts out her baubles.

I never put mine up before 6th December,Feast of St. Nicholas.
    Last edited by sherwoodmag; 14-11-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    i always watch Elf on December 1st, then get the decorations out if the loft, then go to B and Q to buy a tree while Mrs Mick sorts out her baubles.
    My mum and sister watch Elf the first sunday of November

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)