+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T....Muslims in Burma

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I don't know a lot about the Druze or Twelvers but I thought the Yazidi had very little to do with Islam though they do follow certain aspects
    PS , Not sure there is many of them left after IS had finished with them.
    Just looking at my grammar there , feel a *******ing coming

I don't know a lot about the Druze or Twelvers but I thought the Yazidi had very little to do with Islam though they do follow certain aspects
    PS , Not sure there is many of them left after IS had finished with them.
    Yazidis are a curious mix of Islam, Christianity and Zoroastrianism according to Wiki......I know they've been heavily persecuted by Sunnis but tolerated by the Kurds....my point was that they all seem to hate each other, and depending on who is in power, butcher each other the same as Christians did in the Middle Ages......Christianity moved on 500 years ago whereas Islam seems stuck in the Dark Ages.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Yazidis are a curious mix of Islam, Christianity and Zoroastrianism according to Wiki......I know they've been heavily persecuted by Sunnis but tolerated by the Kurds....my point was that they all seem to hate each other, and depending on who is in power, butcher each other the same as Christians did in the Middle Ages......Christianity moved on 500 years ago whereas Islam seems stuck in the Dark Ages.
    Well if I was Yazidi , given what as Islam as done to them I would stick to the other 2.

Well if I was Yazidi , given what as Islam as done to them I would stick to the other 2.
    Yes, it's the one area where I agree with Elite, Religion has a lot to answer for and in a modern secular World appears to be sadly wanting.....why half the World is still fighting religious battles where we understand Science, Art, Culture is beyond me....I'm not religious and I've only ever known two people that were truly devout, both Catholics, gentle people.......I'm sick of the whole thing TBH....which is why sometimes I lose the plot and start ranting.....must try harder

FROM TODAY'S GUARDIAN:
    US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says Myanmar's military action against the minority Muslim Rohingya population constitutes ethnic cleansing.
    He said the Rohingya had suffered "horrendous atrocities" and as a result the US was considering targeted sanctions against those responsible.
    In September, UN human rights chief Zeid Raad Al Hussein also accused Myanmar of ethnic cleansing.
    Mr Tillerson's comments come days before a visit to Myanmar by the Pope.
    The Rohingya are a stateless minority who have long experienced persecution in Myanmar, also known as Burma. More than 600,000 have fled to neighbouring Bangladesh since violence erupted in Rakhine state late in August.
    "After a careful and thorough analysis of available facts, it is clear that the situation in northern Rakhine state constitutes ethnic cleansing against the Rohingya," Mr Tillerson said in a statement.

But you're wrong, Mr Tillerson, ask the posters on Notts County Mad who still insist that the news concerning the Rohingya is unbalanced because Buddhists are lovely people and Muslims are animals with a killing culture.
    Last edited by sidders; 22-11-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post

Nothing you said in this part of your post is not applicable to white Anglo-Saxons and a lot more of them in the US have weapons of destruction.
    They are not going from country to country though killing people, the USA could do something to help their gun problem what do you suggest the rest of the world do about the IS problem?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    They are not going from country to country though killing people, the USA could do something to help their gun problem what do you suggest the rest of the world do about the IS problem?

Nuke em....

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    They don't seem to give a **** about homophobia, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Here's a helpful link, btw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_media
    Errrr...

I think the responsibility for this site actually lies with the editor - whoever that is, I have no idea. I gave Jacob a hand to moderate on here years ago (as I suspect was the case with Swale) and as no-one seems to manage the site any more, if someone reports a post and the email comes through to me, I'll come on and remove any offensive stuff. Interestingly, no-one (especially the people moaning) have bothered to report anything. I'm sure Mad would be only too happy to take on more moderators. Any volunteers?

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  9.8 KB

Here's how you report a post.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456