+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T....Muslims in Burma

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    I am not trying to justify any of the things that are going on sidders, I was pointing out that there are 2 sides to the story which if it had been reported from the other perspective would have had people outraged in a completely different manner. MSM stands for Mainstream Media by the way (just for your enlightenment). I am not anti Muslim I am most definitely anti Islam.
    A simple question ......... as I'm too old, thick and ignorant to debate this topic sensibly.

Was I mistaken, or did I fail to see any Muslim faith leader representing Islam at the Remembrance day parade? I saw the London mayor but nobody in an official capacity. Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    A simple question ......... as I'm too old, thick and ignorant to debate this topic sensibly.

Was I mistaken, or did I fail to see any Muslim faith leader representing Islam at the Remembrance day parade? I saw the London mayor but nobody in an official capacity. Thoughts??
    You were mistaken:
    Faith leaders will join the civic parade which will include representatives from the Muslim, Afro-Caribbean Christian Churches, Sikh, Hindu, Jain and Jewish communities along with clergy from the Free Church, Church of England and Catholic Church; as well as elected members, consuls and magistrates.
    That's from the official site.
    However, what difference would it make in Myanmar even if they had not marched in remembrance here in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Once again, Tony, I call your Christian credentials into question. Is stabbing babies through the heads with knives and bayonets justified because a border guard was murdered a year earlier?
    By the way, it's MSN not MSM. That stands for Microsoft News, a digest of the most reliably sourced news. The cruelty of the Burmese military goes back years. The only reason they allowed their President back is as a cover for their dark deeds.
    Unlike you, on this one I trust the BBC reporting. Like Beechy, you are anti-Muslim and that's good enough for you.
    Tony listed about 9 factors which are "synonymous with Islamic culture" that have been the provocation, he did not condone baby stabbing. Some of the things he lists are being repeated across Europe, not least the rape and ***ual abuse of non-Muslim women.
    Which of the factors which Tony listed do you deny are occurring? If even half were occurring, they'd be an aggravating factor, wouldn't they? Not that they would justify atrocities from the other side, but the point being made is that the media does not cover the story impartially. Do you disagree with that?

You were mistaken:
    Faith leaders will join the civic parade which will include representatives from the Muslim, Afro-Caribbean Christian Churches, Sikh, Hindu, Jain and Jewish communities along with clergy from the Free Church, Church of England and Catholic Church; as well as elected members, consuls and magistrates.
    That's from the official site.
    However, what difference would it make in Myanmar even if they had not marched in remembrance here in the UK?
    All I said was I didn't see anyone from the Muslim faith come out and lay a wreath at the Cenotaph. If they did, then I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Deleted for racist comments
    Wow, just wow. Have you drank too much tequila? I have seen some **** written on here but this is up there amongst the worst, bigoted and actually racist **** I have seen.
    I am flummoxed at what is going through your head.
    You list atrocities that have occurred in recent years but don’t list any of the atrocities that have occurred in countries with larger Muslim communities. Why is that? Thousands upon thousands have died, yet this does not enter your distorted opinion.
    Immigrants in this country have been here in some cases for several generations, many are as hard working, if not harder working than non-immigrants. You only need to watch 5 minutes of Jeremy Kyle to know this. Yet the atrocities you mention are from the last few years.
    Those immigrants that are coming to the UK and have been, to get away from war torn countries where there safety is at risk I have zero objection too. Yes the system is flawed and has been for a few decades. However, we have a moral obligation to assist where possible.
    Why do you single out Pakistanis and Somalians?
    You read lots of books, maybe your next few reads should be around Islam and the complexities of each interpretation. You should maybe read some books about how religion has shaped the UK, we were as bad historically, albeit a few hundred years ago.
    Last edited by cher1; 22-11-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Deleted for racist comments. For info Sidders, the report button is the triangle with the exclamation mark ....
    This post is disgraceful and should merit a long term ban - that's if Swale or Cher even give a ****
    Last edited by cher1; 22-11-2017 at 11:56 PM.

This post is disgraceful and should merit a long term ban - that's if Swale or Cher even give a ****
    They don't seem to give a **** about homophobia, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Here's a helpful link, btw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_media

Seconded or probably thirded given Notts78 excellent response.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    They don't seem to give a **** about homophobia, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Here's a helpful link, btw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_media
    I suppose they have stuff to do other than scrutinise NCM all day, if you reported the offensive posts and no action was taken then my apologies.

Muslims/Islam are a hated people/ideology by all the major countries in the World......the USA, Russia, China....most of Eastern Europe, all of South Africa and tiny Burma......some people on here just don't get it.....the vermin can apparently rape your kids, blow up anyone and everyone they see, stab everybody walking to work or on holiday....or run them over in a rented truck.....and still some on here defend them....it's a joke.

Thank Gawd there's none in South or Central America........apparently because we have no Benefit System here, we are not important enough for them......the OAP Pension benefits are about £10 a week, that's all......you won't find many Pakis swimming the Pacific or Somalis in a rubber boat here
    Irresponsible and distasteful.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast