+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earth to Swindon Mad

Where is he now..... Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Hello Rammy n Gaz, both your teams are doing very well so you should have plenty to chat about, it seems an age since we were having a few beers down on sunny Barry Island how time flies by. Now we have to rack our brains what to by for Xmas for her indoors.

Whatever happened to the Robins hero charlie Austin, he had such promise don't believe he went to the right clubs.
    Xmas and her indoors is easy for me as I don't buy her nothing! Having me is all the presents she needs.

Swindon are like a yo-yo and bad refs don't help

Charlie neve recovered from the Wembley Bobble as well you know young man

I can't remember who tackled him at a home game but he landed very awkward in front of the Town End, dislocating his shoulder.

Burnley took him and made excellent effort in giving him top notch medical treatment for it. But I think he was never really the same player after that horendous tackle.

Burnely made a bob or two on him selling him to QPR

I believe he's currently injured at Saints who I think thought he was the next Matt Le Tisier or Paul Lambert

Link shows injury history https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/char...spieler/129627

Thanks for the link Gaz, just goes to show that kicking a ball about for a living has its downs as well as ups. However I'm sure that he should have enough squirred away for the future.

Must admit I stopped following him after he left Burnley

Claw as this site seems to have died... What is your email and phone e number so we can keep in touch as you are a good mate. PM me if you prefer

Scored a cracker for Saints at the weekend against Bournemouth did Charlie,then missed a sitter with his head..Still a good goal scorer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12