+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Advice on coffee maker

OT Advice on coffee maker

So my much loved Starbucks coffee capsule machine has bitten the dust and I need a new one. Anyone got any recommendations.

I dont want a kettle and instant, not do I want some £ 1000+ barista poseur machine (yes they really can cost that much!). So how do I go - capsule type Nespresso thing or maybe a bean to cup type machine? Dont want a filter machine as I always end up throwing loads of it away as it stews to a point of vileness.

So anyone got any clues and how good is the coffee in the little capsules?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    So my much loved Starbucks coffee capsule machine has bitten the dust and I need a new one. Anyone got any recommendations.

I dont want a kettle and instant, not do I want some £ 1000+ barista poseur machine (yes they really can cost that much!). So how do I go - capsule type Nespresso thing or maybe a bean to cup type machine? Dont want a filter machine as I always end up throwing loads of it away as it stews to a point of vileness.

We have a Tassimo and it's 'alright', albeit I don't drink much coffee and am a million miles from being a connoisseur. Can never get my head round why I should be paying 40p per cup when I can do instant for 2p though. If you have room in your kitchen (I don't, the drum kit, permanently assembled Scalextric and jukebox get in the way) I would recommend what a friend has, a fully reconned ex-Starbucks commercial machine. looks the biz, gives me the excuse to sing the Casey Jones song when it's on full steam.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 14-11-2017 at 03:37 PM.

I have one of the Dolce Gusto (Krups) capsule machines. It did not cost a fortune and is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I have one of the Dolce Gusto (Krups) capsule machines. It did not cost a fortune and is quite good.

We also have a Dolce Gusto quite good for the money and the capsules are available in most stores

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    George Clooney would be happy to hear this...

He advertises Nespresso I thought so I doubt he would be pleased at another brand being plugged....??

I thought that too but I was not 100% sure to comment on that lol

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post

Roger, Nespresso are doing a deal at the moment aimed at offices but I believe open to open to anyone. If you order 400 of their capsules at a cost of around £130 (loads of choice and you can mix and match) they give you a simple to use Nespresso machine valued at £90.

It is for my office, so that works, but dont think the machine does the milk thing.....?

My wife’s a great coffee maker...but she’s more expensive than a machine and the Dolce Gusto won’t make you go to IKEA.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)