+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Project brave

Project brave

Tried to understand this but brain started melting.

On the face of it dosent look good being the 6th biggest club in the land (hiya shedka) and only being in 3rd tier.

Bothered, no bothered, unimportant, important?

Anybody and insight into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Tried to understand this but brain started melting.

On the face of it dosent look good being the 6th biggest club in the land (hiya shedka) and only being in 3rd tier.

Bothered, no bothered, unimportant, important?

Anybody and insight into this?
    No insight but a thought that this will end in tears as there won't be sufficient funding from SFA. One size does not fit all IMO and the big clubs will get the better prospects unless we do something like the NFL draft system and spread the talent around. It does absolutely nothing to address the distortion caused by the OF, and may actually make things worse.

The money from UEFA for the tims' regular CL humpings, which must be near a million by now, is meant to be spent on Youth Development. Yet the club trails half the fizzy pop! I think Nelms should make a statement of some sort. Dundee can still attract youth players from the local area like the last x number of years. Has there ever been anyone from outside the area since the likes of Dixon a decade ago?

That seems a pretty reasonable statement issued by Dundee.

Does everything the Scottish football association get involved in seem a bit chaotic? Or is that harsh.

Roll on a blootered rod Stewart and the scottish cup draw.

350k from UEFA to spend on youth development isn't enough to have a similar structure to Championship teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    350k from UEFA to spend on youth development isn't enough to have a similar structure to Championship teams?
    No idea.

I'm just saying it's a reasonable statement.

Not saying I 100% agree with it but it's reasonable and it's a communication with the support.

I don't get too hung up on youth development given that your unlikely to get fees for many or get much loyalty from anybody half decent.

Just look across the road to a club that's been lauded in the past for running a youth programme they patently couldn't afford and the financial mess they are in now.

It's great when you bring your own through but this project seems to me to be designed to help the national team more than the club's.

I could be completely wrong though.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)