+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am wondering if the Hecky /Sunderland thing is a diversion

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    In football you cant win as a manager on the stay/go front - if you stay you have a lack of ambition, if you leave you have a lack of loyalty.

I said over a year ago that we should offer him £400000 a year, because although you cant stop the vultures circling you can stop them picking the bones off the carcass (very Eric Cantona-esque I know). But it gives him less of a void salary wise to mull over. If he was getting only a £1000 or so a week more for the hassle that comes with the job he would be likely to stay put.

All we are seeing contract-wise is a culmination of the club not digging their heels in - they havent done it with the players and proven a point - ie winnall and yiadom, so how the hell can they start expecting the person that is most attributable to the recent relative success we've had to honour his contract as we have shown our hand and that when push comes to shove we are soft. Winnall would have put on the undercoat on the west stand crappers and yiadom wouldve been putting on the last 2 coats.

Well said Renno

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Mister Lee is lining up the Shangai manager Woon Faw Kaul to step in.
    like that SB , owt binnurd abart that betting slip on Emmadale yit ? It's not reyt , that 90odd grand ittud gerrus a few drams al geeor nar sorry fo digressin !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I wonder if he'll be the barnsley lad that done us proud if he leaves? Kiss the badge one minute gone the next. I think Hecky's using this takeover talk now. He'll have all his reasons lined up to reel off in interviews no doubt. Didn't know whether I was coming or going. I wasn't sure if the takeover was going through or if the new owners would want me.

Football is rotten to core. Full of greedy mercenaries, nowt else. Fast falling out of love with it.
    Complete bullocks!

It's all speculation and guess work here. Non of us know Hecky personally and what he's likely to do. However, he seems a pretty sincere blowk to me and doesn't strike me as a mercenary. His dream job was always Barnsley, he is manager of his home town club and doing a grand job.

Would he leave for more money? Maybe but this is down to him being underpaid in my opinion and currently on a 1 year rolling contract. There's a distint lack of security for him there. All I can say to the club is get your finger out and give him a deal he deserves. If he's currently on 100k a year then offer him triple that with a 2 and a haif year contract to boot. Show the necessary faith in him and he may well refuse the offer from Sunderland.

It lays in the club's hands now. The blowk has earned his stripes for me. Give him what he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    like that SB , owt binnurd abart that betting slip on Emmadale yit ? It's not reyt , that 90odd grand ittud gerrus a few drams al geeor nar sorry fo digressin !!
    Nicola and that attractive lass (forgorra name) in the beauty salon have sed thu'll cash it burrital end in teears, am telling thi nar it'll end in teears. No mooar digressin.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's all speculation and guess work here. Non of us know Hecky personally and what he's likely to do. However, he seems a pretty sincere blowk to me and doesn't strike me as a mercenary. His dream job was always Barnsley, he is manager of his home town club and doing a grand job.

Would he leave for more money? Maybe but this is down to him being underpaid in my opinion and currently on a 1 year rolling contract. There's a distint lack of security for him there. All I can say to the club is get your finger out and give him a deal he deserves. If he's currently on 100k a year then offer him triple that with a 2 and a haif year contract to boot. Show the necessary faith in him and he may well refuse the offer from Sunderland.

It lays in the club's hands now. The blowk has earned his stripes for me. Give him what he deserves.
    IF the tekkovva is imminent decisions abart the future like that will be passing ovva Mister Lee's desk nar.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    IF the tekkovva is imminent decisions abart the future like that will be passing ovva Mister Lee's desk nar.

Unfortunately tha reight SB. However, this tekover malarkey has bin draggin on for 2 and Haif months nar so the way I see it, its business as usual with Mr Cryne in charge.

Pi💲💲ed of all this it's never ending

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Unfortunately tha reight SB. However, this tekover malarkey has bin draggin on for 2 and Haif months nar so the way I see it, its business as usual with Mr Cryne in charge.
    As the thin Afro-Caribbean heritage lass sed as she danced under the toilet dooar to get in fo free, "We're in a bit of a limbo situation". Who is pulling the strings ? Am buggad if I know. Kerr will know.

It's darn t solisittas nar PC ez just floown ovva inniiz Copta , landed oreyt bi luks , Mesta Lee like Mr Crynes chopper , but he has Bigga Wun !!! He like Red Wall behind West Stand , reminder of ooham !!! THE GREAT WALL OF OAKWELL maybe ???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast