+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I am wondering if the Hecky /Sunderland thing is a diversion

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's all speculation and guess work here. Non of us know Hecky personally and what he's likely to do. However, he seems a pretty sincere blowk to me and doesn't strike me as a mercenary. His dream job was always Barnsley, he is manager of his home town club and doing a grand job.

Would he leave for more money? Maybe but this is down to him being underpaid in my opinion and currently on a 1 year rolling contract. There's a distint lack of security for him there. All I can say to the club is get your finger out and give him a deal he deserves. If he's currently on 100k a year then offer him triple that with a 2 and a haif year contract to boot. Show the necessary faith in him and he may well refuse the offer from Sunderland.

It lays in the club's hands now. The blowk has earned his stripes for me. Give him what he deserves.

Top post is that P&M, couldn't agree more

Unfortunately tha reight SB. However, this tekover malarkey has bin draggin on for 2 and Haif months nar so the way I see it, its business as usual with Mr Cryne in charge.
    That won't go darn well with some tho Pass!!

It's all speculation and guess work here. Non of us know Hecky personally and what he's likely to do. However, he seems a pretty sincere blowk to me and doesn't strike me as a mercenary. His dream job was always Barnsley, he is manager of his home town club and doing a grand job.

Would he leave for more money? Maybe but this is down to him being underpaid in my opinion and currently on a 1 year rolling contract. There's a distint lack of security for him there. All I can say to the club is get your finger out and give him a deal he deserves. If he's currently on 100k a year then offer him triple that with a 2 and a haif year contract to boot. Show the necessary faith in him and he may well refuse the offer from Sunderland.

It lays in the club's hands now. The blowk has earned his stripes for me. Give him what he deserves.
    What does he deserve tho ? How much do they want ? How much is enough ?
    Last edited by Romared; 15-11-2017 at 08:49 PM.

I wouldnt want to spend money on manager that could be spent on team. I think it's overstated what manager does.

Has he not got more security with a rolling contract , he knows he’ll always get a years pay if they finish him no matter when

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    What does he deserve tho ? How much do they want ? How much is enough ?

I think he deserves Championship wages instead o league 1 wages for a start Roma.

If its good enough for the players then it's good enough for the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Has he not got more security with a rolling contract , he knows he’ll always get a years pay if they finish him no matter when
    True, but I don't feel it reflects or merits the job he's doing here. I know football is a fickle business for managers getting sacked/leaving but as I said to Roma it's a league 1 deal this rolling contract. Hecky's stock has risen, he's clearly winning admirers so let's keep hold of him and tie him darn.

The club needs to keep hold of its assets and I rate Hecky as one of our best managers in my time as a fan. It would be pretty hard to take seeing him leave because we paid him Mickey mouse wages to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I wouldnt want to spend money on manager that could be spent on team. I think it's overstated what manager does.

Maybe Hecky makes the brews at half time. That sort of knowledge is priceless

Pass living in the real.world and having to work 37 hrs a week with general public. I think picking a team twice a week watching a couple of videos and doing three training sessions is a doddle compared to that. So yes I don't think football management is that difficult. Win, lose or draw you still get paid. If you're half decent you get promoted or snapped up if your tripe you end up on the merry go round.

They'll kid you it's hard work but they find time for golf days and country clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Pass living in the real.world and having to work 37 hrs a week with general public. I think picking a team twice a week watching a couple of videos and doing three training sessions is a doddle compared to that. So yes I don't think football management is that difficult. Win, lose or draw you still get paid. If you're half decent you get promoted or snapped up if your tripe you end up on the merry go round.

They'll kid you it's hard work but they find time for golf days and country clubs.

Steve mate thaz gotta hand it to Hecky. When Pat Cryne fell ill and Linton Brown left he was dealing with everything almost singlehandedly at oakwell. I think it took its toll on him last season. There's a lot more to management than you appreciate. It's not just picking the team and taking training sessions.

I think Hecky appreciates it more than most that us fans live in the real world and work hard. Tha can't fault his teams work rate because he knows that it's the least we expect. Alan Clarke used to tek the players darnt pit to make them appreciate how fortunate they are to be pro footballers and also to make them aware that fans who do this for a living part with their hard earned to come to watch every Saturday expecting hard work and entertainment.

I'm sure Hecky reinforces that kind of message to the players today. He puts his heart and soul into this club. Surely tha must see that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast