+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I am wondering if the Hecky /Sunderland thing is a diversion

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    But the end of the day he is under contract at barnsley whoever is in charge needs to just say nobody is going anywhere we are keeping this team and management together we will assess again at the end of the season
    Yup... no one is going nowhere... they are under contract.....
    for a rolling year...

It's the message it sends though isn't it?

But the end of the day he is under contract at barnsley whoever is in charge needs to just say nobody is going anywhere we are keeping this team and management together we will assess again at the end of the season

Jules88
    Hall Of Fame
    Yup... no one is going nowhere... they are under contract.....
    for a rolling year...

he has less than 12 months on his rolling contract he can talk to anyone the club can say no but they cant stop him talking or quitting.

and lets be honest we'd all leave and go for much better money than wot we are on now.

the only thing he'll be worried about is the backlash he will get.

i dont blame him if he left i blame the board for not putting him on a proper wage and a 3 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post

and lets be honest we'd all leave and go for much better money than wot we are on now.
    I wouldn’t unless I knew I’d be happy in the job
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 15-11-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I wouldn’t unless I knew I’d be happy in the job
    this is about his financial future its not about being happy i doubt you would risk a secure future. and who knows you might love ya new job.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    this is about his financial future its not about being happy i doubt you would risk a secure future. and who knows you might love ya new job.
    I’m talking about me personally, I wouldn’t just move jobs for more money , it would have to tick more boxes than just money.

In football you cant win as a manager on the stay/go front - if you stay you have a lack of ambition, if you leave you have a lack of loyalty.

I said over a year ago that we should offer him £400000 a year, because although you cant stop the vultures circling you can stop them picking the bones off the carcass (very Eric Cantona-esque I know). But it gives him less of a void salary wise to mull over. If he was getting only a £1000 or so a week more for the hassle that comes with the job he would be likely to stay put.

All we are seeing contract-wise is a culmination of the club not digging their heels in - they havent done it with the players and proven a point - ie winnall and yiadom, so how the hell can they start expecting the person that is most attributable to the recent relative success we've had to honour his contract as we have shown our hand and that when push comes to shove we are soft. Winnall would have put on the undercoat on the west stand crappers and yiadom wouldve been putting on the last 2 coats.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    The rumours are coming out of the North East though not the bookies
    yes based on bookies odds

Hecky has hinted in the past regarding players we lost last January , We couldn't compete with the wages offered elsewhere " It also gives the Lads an opportunity to make themselves financially secure for life " maybe he's thinking the same way !!

Mister Lee is lining up the Shangai manager Woon Faw Kaul to step in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast