+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am wondering if the Hecky /Sunderland thing is a diversion

I am wondering if the Hecky /Sunderland thing is a diversion

in order to take the high feelings away from the so called take over. A few quid spent at the bookies by the club could alter the odds. It would not be in the slightest bit surprising if this was the case.

Do you really think that ? I certainly don't , Money apart regarding how much they may offer him, his rebuilding a team will be much harder up theer, they class themselves a big club , actually what they are is a club in turmoil, Hecky would have a huge job on up theer , just now I don't think he would risk his career going there ? We will see , I don't think he will go personally , maybe wrong tho !! If he does good luck , he will need it

not sure what I believe about anything to do with BFC right now. I would be dismayed if Hecky went to Sunderland purely for the money, I believe they will go down no matter what, I do not think their players will buy into Hecky's vision as to how thing should be done. There is supposed to be meeting tomorrow with the fans and Patrick.... I think it could turn quite ugly that meeting, questions on the take over and Hecky's future could become quite heated. On the BBs they are quoting reports from the newspapers suggesting that Sunderland are offering him £750k a year salary... so if he gets a 3 year deal then he receives £2.25 million.... not many would be able to turn that down.
    Last edited by DragonTyke; 14-11-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTyke View Post
    in order to take the high feelings away from the so called take over. A few quid spent at the bookies by the club could alter the odds. It would not be in the slightest bit surprising if this was the case.
    The rumours are coming out of the North East though not the bookies

I wonder if he'll be the barnsley lad that done us proud if he leaves? Kiss the badge one minute gone the next. I think Hecky's using this takeover talk now. He'll have all his reasons lined up to reel off in interviews no doubt. Didn't know whether I was coming or going. I wasn't sure if the takeover was going through or if the new owners would want me.

Football is rotten to core. Full of greedy mercenaries, nowt else. Fast falling out of love with it.

What would anybody do when IF the takeover happens and they want their own man and he's sacked OR they give him a good contract OR a club who wants him on a good wage I bet PH head is spinning like a top plus having to get on with his job here all added pressure don't envy him

[QUOTspouseon Ponte , Iiaagreetotallyonte_Steve24;38704708]I wonder if he'll be the barnsley lad that done us proud if he leaves? Kiss the badge one minute gone the next. I think Hecky's using this takeover talk now. He'll have all his reasons lined up to reel off in interviews no doubt. Didn't know whether I was coming or going. I wasn't sure if the takeover was going through or if the new owners would want me.

Football is rotten to core. Full of greedy mercenaries, nowt else. Fast falling out of love with it.[/QUOTE]

Your spot on Ponte , i totally agree , how good is Hecky ? I rate him without a doubt , not certain he could handle the so called Bigclub ( my arse ) Slumberland tho ? Lerrim go if that's what he wants ?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTyke View Post
    not sure what I believe about anything to do with BFC right now. I would be dismayed if Hecky went to Sunderland purely for the money, I believe they will go down no matter what, I do not think their players will buy into Hecky's vision as to how thing should be done. There is supposed to be meeting tomorrow with the fans and Patrick.... I think it could turn quite ugly that meeting, questions on the take over and Hecky's future could become quite heated. On the BBs they are quoting reports from the newspapers suggesting that Sunderland are offering him £750k a year salary... so if he gets a 3 year deal then he receives £2.25 million.... not many would be able to turn that down.
    I’d feck off for half that.

But the end of the day he is under contract at barnsley whoever is in charge needs to just say nobody is going anywhere we are keeping this team and management together we will assess again at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    But the end of the day he is under contract at barnsley whoever is in charge needs to just say nobody is going anywhere we are keeping this team and management together we will assess again at the end of the season

I think that is exactly right Kev

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast