+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Davis

Steve Davis

today got the sack from Leyton Orient. Shame, I was hoping that he could have made a success of his new position. Sadly his results were very poor, and it is a results game.

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    today got the sack from Leyton Orient. Shame, I was hoping that he could have made a success of his new position. Sadly his results were very poor, and it is a results game.
    Crikey...didn't last long there,did he?
    They have made a pretty dreadful start to their non-league life though-that National League is clearly no walk in the park-look at Hartlepool,Torquay,Tranmere...all struggling.

Sorry double post..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 14-11-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    Crikey...didn't last long there,did he?
    They have made a pretty dreadful start to their non-league life though-that National League is clearly no walk in the park-look at Hartlepool,Torquay,Tranmere...all struggling.
    Two year contract and so 18months redundancy pay which is not bad is it....Try getting that in any other job with so short a tenure? It was making my earlier point that 3 month rolling contracts are much better for lower level clubs..

I'm sorry for him but I would guess that failing twice now and especially in non league, he will find it very difficult to get another managers job soon....Maybe there are clubs around though like Nantwich Town that would be willing to take him and he may get a reasonable salary of what is likely at NT? 600 quid a week? More? Less?

Also making the point as here that any manager can only succeed if they have decent players to start with and in some ways the fact that we are still struggling in a league lower makes the same point? I would suspect any Board worthy of the name would not see that the model is not doing what it should and revise it accordingly...meanwhile deafening silence from them as usual? They are very poor communicators aren't they?

BTW somebody mentioned Dario and Bakes? Is Dario attending home matches in his usual seat?

Look at all the x league teams struggling in non league we need to be careful

Had hoped SD would make a success of the Orient job and gain promotion within a couple of seasons. Tough job to take on but it is a results game - are you watching DA/KL?

Looks as if the Conference is a tough division to be successful in. Not sure we would do well with the inevitable crop of youngsters and I do wonder what would happen to the ground and Rease Heath should we be relegated.

to answer the question is DG still attending home games and sitting in his usual seat the answer is no . He has not been to any home games since his suspension by the FA. I am in that area at half time for every home game and used to speak to him

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    to answer the question is DG still attending home games and sitting in his usual seat the answer is no . He has not been to any home games since his suspension by the FA. I am in that area at half time for every home game and used to speak to him
    It is so wrong that this business is not cleared up and Dario is allowed to return. Must be dreadful for the man.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    It is so wrong that this business is not cleared up and Dario is allowed to return. Must be dreadful for the man.
    Pretty dreadful for those that are actually at some of our games too.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    Pretty dreadful for those that are actually at some of our games too.
    If it hadn't been for Dario, we would not have a football club to go and support right now. We stood through some pretty bleak times in the 1950's, 1970's and early 1980's, persevered and came through it. We will do so again, one would hope.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast